1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next 2 matches suspended.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Stollie, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Stollie

Stollie Active Member

Bristol Rovers' next two Sky Bet League One fixtures have been suspended.

The Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixtures due to an outbreak of Covid-19, with players and first-team staff required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.

As a result, the upcoming fixtures with Charlton Athletic and Oxford United scheduled to take place tonight and on Saturday 19th December respectively, have been suspended and the circumstances surrounding the postponements will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations.

Revised dates for the rearranged fixtures will be confirmed in due course.

2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Oh bugger - that’s a pity, we had momentum so it’s disappointing that we can’t play the next couple of games.

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I would say this would give PT time on the training pitch but this would actually create more issues for us. The players would like the rest but they will have to isolate away from each other meaning this free time will not be able to be used on the training pitch. This is so frustrating.

Just a heads up, the prediction league, I have deleted the predictions on it as the next 2 fixtures are gone. So I have added another 2 fixtures. Basically, I've restarted the thread <ok>

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good job our players couldn't get near yours last weekend......................Whew!!!

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I wish all Directors, staff all levels and players a quick recovery if affected and all others protection from covid. May the Blue and white quarters soon be seen playing either at the Memorial stadium or other grounds in league 1

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

After tonight’s matches we’re two points clear of the relegation zone with at least a game in hand against everyone around us. We should still be out of the bottom four after Saturday’s matches - let’s not waste those games in hand!

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rovers are yet to confirm how many people have tested positive or when the tests were. The earliest the squad can return together is xmas eve and we face MK Dons just 2 days later. Hardly fair.

old timer likes this.
  8. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Just our luck players / staff get Covid and Bristol goes down to teir2