1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle vs Man City quarter final

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

she knows how to see beyond the bullshit though

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Well she did marry me.

:emoticon-0135-makeu

Munson. likes this.
  3. Rudekid

I mean ffs we've scraped through this far vs league one sides..

what were you expecting? bar a silly pen and Gayle missing a sitter we might have lost in extra time

4. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm done now. We started the game with very close to our strongest 11 and we got ****ing arse raped.....at home. Granted the second half was marginally better but hardly difficult after the ****show that was the first half.

Nee ****ing way can I be arsed to watch any more of the ****e he's churning out regardless of what players he picks.

Our front 3 have scored 14 goals between them all season, by all accounts we should be ****ing relegated by now, had it not been for our defenders chipping in with roughly the same amount of goals we probably would have been. Bruce has got lucky that ASM spared his blushes on a number of occasions and has been the only highlight of our season for me.

Our performance against villa was ****ing woeful and the first half today even worse. Let him finish the season and peddle him the **** away from SJP...scratch that, the North East of England as fast as we ****ing can.

I literally don't care who comes in after him, not in any way shape or form...it simply cannot be any worse than what we've been subjected to this season.

Gash....utter ****ing GASH!!

5. Rudekid

the BBC were actually laughing at us today ... the club has gone from European regulars to a club everyone laughs at... but Ashley has done well apparently.

please god let this takeover go through ... give nufc the laugh just ****ing once

Leo Billy and cronemeister like this.
  6. Rudekid

that will have destroyed our players confidence .. they were utterly helpless out there.. they know they're dogshit in comparison.. it will be hard to take...

Bournemouth is a more fair contest... no point being critical tonight ... the two sides are world's apart

7. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

If they've got anything about them they'll be more ashamed at scraping a point at villa! City were relentless in the first half and gave us absolutely nothing.

8. Rudekid

villa Bournemouth is our level.

cronemeister likes this.
  9. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Weird , I was being moany for pointing out that Brucie wasn't the attacking change his bum boys wanted me to believe he was.

By Jan/Feb the same revisionists had then pinned their hopes to the cup run. Well we got QF by one average performance against West Brom and Brucie? Played his best team days before the tie, rendering the Citeh game useless.

Interesting to see what the revisionists think up next when we slide to relegation next season.

Where's @Southerner?

Flash likes this.
  10. Rudekid

the cup runs been embarrassing from start to finish

11. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I'd rather get to the quarters than go out in the 3rd round every year

12. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

It has the way some fans have got behind it.
    Newt up with beating excited for a QF but the way its been used to imitate positive vibes has been embarrassing, especially with that performance.

13. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

All I’ll say is, if I never see Gayle in a Newcastle shirt ever again it’ll be too soon. He really is a ****ing abomination.

14. Rudekid

good all you need is 2 league one sides and a championship reserves side in the draw and might happen.

that's the only reason we got there ... luck.

this wasn't an impressive cup run

15. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

Good for keeping the spirits up though. Even the possibility of a semi final spot in the FA Cup is rare for us these days so nice to have the chance as I look at it

16. Rudekid

I think it was an embarrassing struggle personally every round . I knew this would come, but thankfully we've had incredible luck in league games and the club looks safe... it's job done regardless of performances, but one season and one season soon we will go down under this regime.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Absolute garbage that yesterday. Waste of time putting all that effort in to get to that stage, then fall on your sword like a coward cause you don't fancy the challenge. I said before it started I'd be happy, provided we had a go. Yet we employed the same everyone get behind the ball/no pressing against big sides as the previous incumbent in the first half. So we sat waiting for the inevitable, and you could feel it coming. It was pathetic from Schar (not for the first time dropping a clanger - perhaps those pissing up his back can now see why he's never made the top table). However that was coming from minute 1 when you set up like that. I just don't get this succession of managers who try this approach against the likes of Man C. They are better than you, if you just play cat and mouse, eventually the cat just rips you limb from limb.

Its massively disappointing as a fan to see a side as good as Man C come here looking as vulnerable as they are likely to get. The minute we got after them 2nd half, we were in the game. Gayle obviously killed us again missing that important chance, but it was more that we actually pressed the ball and tried to get up the pitch. The one time we had a go last season against the big 6 was actually against City and we won. We lost all the other 11 playing this way. The previous season we did it against Man U and Chelsea. We've shown time and again that our best bet against these big 6 sides, is to get in their face and try to unsettle them. At least try to level the playing field. You may still lose, but you won't go out like a wimpering pathetic mess who just can't get a hard on.

I've defended Bruce plenty from the unwarranted criticism of some of our fairweather fans, and one performance doesn't change that he has done at least a good as a job as the previous manager. But he deserves all the stick he gets for that yesterday. It was as free a swing as you are likely to get and we meekly caved instead. **** that. Some wanted this 5 at the back everyone behind the ball claiming it was our best chance, well I'm sat here wondering when we are going to actually win one employing these tactics. There must have been 36 of these games against the big 6 sides over the last 3 seasons. We've won probably 5. On each occasion pressing and having a go. Yet some want the tactics from the other 30 odd games which result in defeats. And Bruce ****ing agrees with them it appears! So annoying when you've had a favourable run in the cup.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  18. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

it was like returning to type here
    pretend to try, but ultimately go out - that's The Ashley Way

19. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Are you telling me Jerry is dead?

Diego and Schlem Boogerman like this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't even get that reference or quip you're making this morning because I'm bitterly disappointed, I'm sure it is very funny