1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JakartaToon, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Blacker-than-Knight

It is and the ref should have given him one.

2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Not sure i agree. I'm quite pleased ref's are being more relaxed, I actually thought that's what the majority wanted. Is this approach harming the game? Who gets the advantage if a team wins a free kick and wants to get on with it quicker? Encroaching is innocuous and if an oppo player blocks the ball it's a yellow. Penno's same thing, just let it go and judge it once it goes in or not.

What I think is getting worse is the on-the-spot decisions. No booking for Zaha was atrocious; it's either a penalty or a dive, there's no middle ground. Cabaye's looked worse than it was, it's the hypothetical "orange" card, yellow was probs right. In other matches, you had Chelsea's "corner". But didn't one of the stat companies look at it and genuinely proved that stuff evens out? Big clubs always get more going there way, but maybe that's something I'd like the FA to clamp down on - favouritism, for clubs who already have unfair advantages, just sucks.

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

5 corners and literally cross after cross between zaha and townsend (who alone made 7) We spent the first half completely under the cosh. Plus best pass success rate in any game he's played this season by far (81.8%)
    Like I said, there when we needed him.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  4. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I though Cabaye's was a straight red end of. He's come in off the ground from in yedlins blind spot sightly behind him. Totally reckless tackle

5. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

He's the most liked in the dressing room apparently. He's a happy and good character to have on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Seabass and RobEllious like this.
  6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Didn't want him to go last January but it showed the level of a man who'd rather slum it in the championship than sit on the bench of a team on the way back to the prem.
    If Benitez is proving anything this season it's mentality can override talent. After those years with the likes of sissoko, colo, wij in the team I think we're all in agreement on that

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Hell yeah.

RobEllious likes this.
  8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Cabaye is a **** and should have seen red