1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Stadium

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by JAMES THE GILLS MAN, Feb 21, 2021.

1. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Sorry I can not remember if I have posted something like this before, sorry if I have.

I went to Woodlands High school and I often cut across the old Tip to and fro home, it has been a large field for some years now, Has Scally looked into that as a location.

Field_Fotor.jpg

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I'd be worried about the 'stability' of the ground. It's also still in a 'not good' area with regards to transport links for vehicles -- in fact, the location will ''funnell'' vehicles more into one road, compared with the current site ( which, in the 21st century ), is in an awful location.................
    ............ anyway, I think most of us will be dead before Gills move to a new ground ( as opposed to being driven into the ground ! )

3. brb

brb CR250

I think the plans are already mapped out for the new ground, so I can't see the location being changed and it's the most viable option. I think I've got more chance of seeing the new theme park at Ebbsfleet than I ever have of seeing a new ground at Gillingham.

gioblues and alwaysright like this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Hi James,

If the the plans for the new stadium would be to placed on the land east of Yokosuka Way. It's pretty much the other side of the dual carriageway from where Beechings Cross is. If you go onto the Medway Council planning website, you can find some of the plans if you search Mill Hill however I don't think there's been any movement on that front since 2014.