1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stadium thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Absolutel Ementhal

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

3. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

I’m one of the partial deserters, I’m afraid. The worst matches to attend are the midweek evening ones - which are mostly the potentially more exciting ones to be at - as they mean getting home to east London at about midnight. Heaven knows how fans who are at work the next morning (and may have an early start) cope with the stresses of post-match travel! I’m retired, so I’m lucky. But the whole experience is wearying and therefore depressing. But it’s at the stadium that I find things unbearable. The toilets are a particular bugbear of mine. Well below a level that I would regard as civilised and decent. They ought to be at least up to the standard to be found at busy airports like Stansted. Treating people like pigs encourages behaviour to match, and is in any case totally disrespectful and intolerant. It has been a real downer to be resident there for so long, and not to know when we can move into our own place. So I feel very strongly that we should make the move ASAP, even though I understand the argument for waiting now until August.

4. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

Ps I’ll be there for the Dortmund game, teeth well gritted!

5. humanbeingincroydon

Oh bollocks, this is going to add a couple more weeks worth of delays isn't it?

please log in to view this image

...what do you mean it's supposed to look like that???

remembercolinlee likes this.
  6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I get to see the stadium every day when driving westbound on the North Circular. I've seen the thing getting built (a bit, given I'm driving and I've only a few seconds to look). Most notably recently I've seen the cranes disappearing. Anyway tonight there was some kind of luminous green light emanating from what is perhaps some kind of giant sign board? Anyone enlighten(!) me into what that is? It's the first time I've seen it (or seen it lit up to be more accurate probably).

8. humanbeingincroydon

By the looks of it, the East Stand facade will be finished by (conservative estimate alert) the end of next week

9. humanbeingincroydon

Meanwhile, we're reinforcing the Sky Bar in case one of Llorente's shots hits it...

Roo and Rocky blue army like this.
  10. donotputinmicrowave

donotputinmicrowave Active Member

One of the big *cough*nike tick shaped TVs*cough* was green during the day. (Image from NeilCarter on Skyscrapercity) Could have been that.

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Not heard from Brian since the rumour started that there will be no cheese shop, hope he hasn't done anything silly. Are you OK Brian?

Good news is that Carrefore in Benidorm sell Slilton (albeit 3 euros 20 for a tiny piece), Wensleydale, and Cheddar.

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Back from Spain early this morning for tonight's game. Been working for a brother and a cousin who are redeveloping a villa in Vilamarxant.

Despite workinground the clock, we saw the Cheese Room announcement and mourned its decline with some Thunderbird Wine and a black handkerchief. If you smell a whiff of cheese in the new stadium....it's probably me.

SpursDisciple and deedub93 like this.
  13. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

I flew in early this week to visit my brother and the train went past the London Stadium which looked awful. This morning I went to see our new gaff. It is awesome and makes the Spammers place look like a shabby marquee at a circus. There were some people protesting about the terrible treatment to the Cheese Room. Were you the ringleader Brian.<laugh>

14. Suggest you change your shower gel..... <laugh>

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

This bloke has just sprayed himself in essence of Cheddar......Dames can't control themselves, if you smell of a good vintage cheddar.

16. deedub93

Talk Sh!te are regurgitating sh!te from the Standard which says UEFA are up for letting us stage the quarter final (if we get there) in the new stadium. Barca or Madrid would make a fine opening for it. Notwithstanding that, If we draw PSG, the sprinkler system could get it's first proper test with their liking of flares.

17. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

There's nowhere left to hide, with lazy skin and ash-tray eyes, and perforated pride

18. "Thanks for that Brian"

19. humanbeingincroydon

We can safely say the emergency tannoy works

Of course, one Baddiel-faced hamwallet believes this means the site has caught fire and the builders needed to be evacuated

On the subject of that Baddiel-faced hamwallet, the fact he's been dropped by The Sun and the only tabloid that gave him a column is the Daily Sport says everything - as does the fact he proudly advertises said column...

20. deedub93

Some people on one of the THFC facebitch groups are claiming that the stadium failed a safety test yesterday, does anyone know anything about this?