1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Sponsor Sought

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by WINDYROG, Mar 23, 2018.

1. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Come on then, who would we like to see sponsor the Gills in the seasons ahead?
    There is plenty of scope for a bit of fun here........:emoticon-0102-bigsm

brb likes this.
  2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Adam and the Ants (Stand and Deliver)
    Or Solicitors 'R' Us

3. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

4. brb

brb CR250

EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS;

It appears the new sponsor is being announced the same time as the work commences on the new stadium. And i am pleased to announce that NOT606 has gained exclusive rights to the blue prints for the new ground...

please log in to view this image

itstimupnorth and alwaysright like this.
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - well done with your post - it makes my attempt at mischief by suggesting CentrePlate look a bit limp.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

I could create further mischief by explaining why the new ground above only has one main entrance.

At the new gound it will be STHs only, you will need to by a FIVE year season ticket and you will all queue in an orderly fashion while you are searched going through the one door. ID photos depicting a camel will not be accepted!

WINDYROG and alwaysright like this.
  7. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Poundland<whistle>

brb and alwaysright like this.
  8. alwaysright

OK - if brb is going to be silly...... you know how many programs on tv are sponsored by a product - how about a bit of the 'opposite'......... I'm thinking of
    " Money for nothing" - and it has the added bonus of being quite crappy to watch.

9. alwaysright

And on a more serious note -- I have (only) just discovered that the former vice-chairman, Anderson, has asked for the Club to repay the £ 900,000 loan (including interest) -- ok, I know the news won't surprise anybody - but - it will give Lovell a clear message as to the player budget this summer....... or as I would say
    " Nothing for money "

brb likes this.
  10. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I think we need the backing of @brb 's favourite corporation, Rupert Murdoch's Sky. Think that would please our board Mod somewhat <cheers>

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

OMG don't even joke about it <laugh>

12. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Until your post I wasn't aware that he had demanded repayment, and the link about Anderson in the article on Kent Online about MEMS ending their sponsorship takes me to an article about New Look, so I can't readily find any details, other than that KOL are reporting he has filed papers at the High Court in respect of the claim.

Unfortunately as the Club (i.e. our Chairman) has not released details of the 2016/17 accounts we can't check how much he was owed by GFC at the end of May last year. As I have mentioned before, the amount owing at 31st May 2016 was £433,475. So either
    a) he made a further loan to the club in 2016/17
    b) he is calculating interest at rates that Wonga got into trouble for
    c) the demand for repayment includes money he lent via Three Directors. If that is the case the wording of the agreement of that loan will depend on whether he could actually claim repayment directly from the club.

I suppose the advantage for PS is that he probably knows his way to the High Court quite well by now, and so shouldn't get stitched up by any taxi drivers trying to take the long way there.

brb likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

That last paragraph is brilliant <laugh>

14. alwaysright

The only problem is that if Scally spends any more time in the High Court, he might have to start to pay rent.....
    .......... and on a more serious note - I'm not sure of the size of the original loan by Anderson. I seem to recollect reading something in the region of £600,000. The latest information mentions interest - and 'Wonga rates' don't surprise me.
    At the end of it all, I stand by my original cynicism - that Lovell won't get much (any) money in the summer #Scallybeingconsistent

brb likes this.
  15. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

There's a thought, how about 'Wonga' sponsoring us? Playing the 'percentage' game would take on a whole new meaning.

brb likes this.
  16. The Gills PegLeg

Ironically the last team that "Wonga" sponsored soon went into administration after their sponsorship deal started. The team in question was Blackpool who quickly suffered three relegations to League 2. Funny how the world works.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

I never knew this! Can't believe it escaped my attention, be interested to know what the petition guy thought/thinks of that. Wonga imho played on the vunerable. Another problem with these type of companies they are a source around betting addictions which is overlooked by the government, despite legislation being in place on the methods of payments by bookies. I really hope we do not go this route for any source of sponsorship, it will certainly make me think before buying a shirt. Mems was a good local sponsor i really hope we follow the same path even if it does not give us the best return in the coffers.

18. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

The £600,000 is probably the assumed amount of his share of the loan to the club from Three Directors Ltd. to buy back the ground. That loan was £1.8m. To the best of my knowledge there are no available records of how Three Directors funded the loan. It's easy, but not necessarily correct, to assume that each put up £600,000.

By the way, the club is paying interest on that loan.

The matter is that that loan was made by a company, Three Directors Ltd., and not by Anderson personally, so as I mentioned earlier, whether he has any direct claim against the club for the amount of his portion of the loan will depend on the wording of the loan agreement.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  19. alwaysright

Thanks Tim - for putting a bit more detail to the figure I mentioned. I was aware that interest is due on the loan - although, it would seem that what is more uncertain is who is the more devious - Scally or Anderson -- either way, I expect that the contract was written with a nib on the end of a screwdriver !

brb likes this.
  20. The Gills PegLeg

I don't think it was an even split for the money from three directors actually as I seem to remember one of the directors only put in like £180,000. I did actually see the breakdown a couple of years ago but I can't remember if it was submitted as part of the accounts or if somebody had submitted the accounts of three directors Ltd and I wouldn't have any idea as to where to find it now, but I certainly remember it wasn't a straight split of funds of £600k each.

itstimupnorth and brb like this.