1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Season new Division

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Aug 2, 2013.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

So he we are at the edge of a New season that see's us in the championship after we took the Drop from the prem it will see us going to clubs that we have not bean to for some while and I myself are looking forward to seeing what come's at us and how the New Manager(mr Coyle) can handle the stress and burden that was put on Roberto's shoulders but anyway with wining the FA cup against a City team that were out of sorts and playing in Europe and (at the time of posting) 10 new players on the books and also the small mater of playing Man.U. Down at Wembley again it's looks like it's going to be another fun and nail bitting New season for us at the DW so realy all that can be said is Bring it on and enjoy the ride. :1980_boogie_down:

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Good Luck, I hope Holty does the buisness for you!

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Cheers ilovedelia i hope so to wear gona need good players to get us back in the prem and also the european games. Hope you guys have a good season to good luck mate.

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

What a fantastic win for the latics 4 of the bloody best goals you'll see anywhere in the league but then I'm biased but anyway more of that lads yeeeesss s come on. <party>

5. ilovedelia

Great win and start to the season. That's what Grant Holt does, 'he scores goals'!!!!!
    Nice to see Leon Barnett getting in of the act as well, you've got a couple of goodun's there. <ok>

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Your right about Grant Holt he's going to do a good job for us but I don't get it why let a good goal scorer like Holt leave your club was he not getting mutch game time or did he not fit into the managers plans."

7. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

I think the whole of the problem with Holt involved his family.They wanted to stay oop North and Wigan is only 90 minutes own the M6.He looks a fantastic bet for top scorer at 12/1.Reckon he will get 25-30.

8. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

Also, he bled yellow and green for us for 4 seasons, so had earned a right to do what was best for him.

Hope he carries on banging them in for you. He might not look it, but he is one of the most intelligent players in the game and the way he psychological unsettles the opposition is sublime. I look forward to following his exploits for you this season.

9. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Do'nt oner put a downer Holt this early in the season but as he got any weakneses we should look out for.

10. ilovedelia

He does tend to get quite a few bookings, but that's mainly down to the way he plays the game; (Hard).
    As puncturedtractortyre put so well, he has fantastic awareness of what's going on around him, and psych's out the opposition. He was responsible for getting a couple of QPR defenders substituted last season, he'd got them so wound up that they were going to get sent off. It's what he does!!
    I'm personally gutted that he's left us, but as my fellow supporters will agree, he owes us nothing, he is a big part of the reason we are where we are now. Good Luck to him and to Wigan, a perfect fit I think!

11. THURNBY CANARY

THURNBY CANARY Active Member

This is a Canary invasion - sorry Wigan! I just popped on to wish you well for the season with Holty and of course Barney as well and realised that we are inadvertently taking over. Good luck on Sunday at wembley and hopefully a promotion season and a couple of games with us next year.

12. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Hi Lads - Fulham supporter here to wish you well too. I think Martinez did a lot of good stuff in a limited budget for your team and hope to see you do well with OC. Enjoy Europe! we did :)

13. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Do'nt worry about the invation thurnby canary the more the better becase we get ilovedelia on our site quite a few times and he is always very welcome to post is thoughts and the same welcome to you as well the only thing that we ask is keep the F.ln and B.in down and keep it to football but all that being well and good with capture of Holt i think it will give us a good chance come Sunday.

14. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Thanks for the goodluck toshchamberlainsmatr(what a username. respect) and for the europe as well. I will always remeber the Fulham games when we were in the lower leguse's together.

15. powermac

powermac Member

First , please win the Community Shield , then the Europa League and the Chamionship . If possible , the FA Cup and the Leaque Cup too .

16. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Thats one big Please powermac but nothing is imposible everbody thought that it would be when we played man city in the cup but we did ok that day so lets see what happens on sunday and go from there.