1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New player on Monday

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Damo666

Damo666 Member

What these guys said.....

2. brb

brb Guest

Evening lads.

I have just got home from work, so I suppose it will be alright if I just give my quick take on all this. Firstly Bayo. I like the guy, he did well for us previously and although I listen to people's views on him, if he came back to Priestfield I would welcome him with open arms. Obviously the rest of my opinion will then be based on how he performed during the season.

Next up Cody. Again a player I like. However, I do think Gills fans have become slightly obsessed with him. I hear talk of Bayo not being good enough for L1, so how is that proven with Cody? As I say I like the guy and would welcome him but if it don't happen, it don't happen is my simple take on it.

Finally I've quickly seen a few pictures uploaded of Bayo. Pictures mean nothing to me unless there is something to substantiate it's originality. As I have not looked on twitter or any where else yet, this was the first thread I came too, so for the moment I'll reserve my judgement.

Stay chilled though please guys eh.

Thanks brb.

3. brb

brb Guest

4. Loft14

Loft14 Member

Talking with keds

Attached Files:

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I would just like to add something, to all of the people who say that Bayo scored far more many goals than any of other strikers last year, he didn't. Altogether he scored 17 goals last season which was only one more than Kedwell. Also Kedwell's partnership with Deon Burton scored more goals together than Akinfenwa and the rest of Northampton's strikeforce combined.

Just Saying.

6. brb

brb Guest

Broadcast Journalist Ben Croucher has tweeted press Conference scheduled tomorrow morning.

Full message:
    Ben Croucher ‏@BenCCroucher 20m
    Couple of sources say Akinfenwa could be heading back to Priestfield. Not confirmation yet. Press Conference scheduled tomorrow morning

7. oldsparky

oldsparky Member

Oh I do love the madness of the summer!

I'm not going to comment on any players until they are actually signed except to say I do like Bayo because I can spot him easily!

Roy

8. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Sorry to be negative but how many did Kedwell score from the spot? I mean you still have to score a penalty but if you look at his record from open play he only scored 10 or so which isn't great from about 40 games in a championship winning side!

9. Davemo

Davemo New Member

Its Adebayo Akinfenwa and maybe Cody Mac

10. The Gills PegLeg

He only scored 4 goals from the spot, far less than last season. Why should it matter though? Kedwell has still scored 30 goals in the last two seasons, far more than many strikers across the country. Also if you are going for that point, in a Gills shirt Bayo only scored 11 goals in 44 games and I'm pretty sure a couple of them were penalties too.

But if you have looked at my previous statistics you would know that you don't need a 20 goal a season striker to get out of L2.

11. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think I may have been harsh on Bayo looking back now as he is a good player. The reason why I did not think we needed him is because we have Kedwell and could keep Burton however I understand that he does add to the team so maybe competition is a good thing.
    Anyway like I have said before he may not be my first choice but in Martin Allen we trust. I will always trust the decisions he makes.
    I am sure he will do well and I will look back in regret at what I said.

12. Steve347

Steve347 Active Member

One year contract so no great risk. As I have said, Bayo will give us an option up front - so important when other things don't work or there are suspensions and injuries

13. The Gills PegLeg

So much for KSN saying we were going to sign two players yesterday, one signing and it was today! I've also seen around the web that apparently we had a £300,000 bid for Cody rejected but I have no concrete sources.

14. HOADIE_BOI

I do not believe that one bit, no one would offer anything like that.

15. Steve347

Steve347 Active Member

Cody could fail to come due to problems with either Coventry or the player.
    Reckon Coventry would want a bidding war develop.

16. HOADIE_BOI

I don't think he will come to us now. However I still believe Martin Allen will get someone else in or German may shine, also Birchall has done well in pre-season so far which is good as I would like him to come good.

17. Gills_Steve

Gills_Steve Active Member

I'm not surprised if Coventry turned down an offer of £300,00 for Cody Mac:

A) £30K is nothing for a player of Cody's quality, and
    B) Never trust a chairman who can't properly position commas in their financial bid amount!

18. HOADIE_BOI

£300k not £30k.

19. The Gills PegLeg

Yeah my bad guys! Missed a zero, been corrected now.

20. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah £30k would be a bit low, but £300k is a bit high IMO.

Anyway Press conference is due to start around now so wondering what it is, maybe a new player?
    Probably not, probably just about Bayo.