1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New player linked

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Carra_Rud, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

2. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

Dnipro...hard to take seriously a player from a team of that name :tongue:

"It's cold," the young Ghanaian told Goal.com. "Things are not easy for me here in Ukraine. Some ugly things have happened."

Understandable @ the temperature, I commend you for playing in such hostile conditions, and would hazard a guess that he received some racist abuse from the locals, hence the 2nd comment, but I may be wrong...

Played for Basel, but a prior transfer for $10m only 18 months ago, leaves me to wonder how much he would cost.

IMO, we could do better, and should we wish to spend £4m or so, there are better candidates in the Championship, who are proven in England. This chap has the words IMPENDING DISASTER written large.

3. gorlestongirl

gorlestongirl Member

Know very little about this player, but think we as fans need to think a bit wider about where our recruits come from; Hughton has a good record of helping talented players from abroad to settle and play well. To me this may be an area where he scores over Lambert. But we'll see.

4. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Curtis Davies is rumored to be talkinging to hughton this week aswell! As for Samuel Inkoom You cant just dismiss a player, there are some very good young talented footballers coming from africa atm and especially ghana <ok>

5. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

With you gg
    Totally agree
    Hughton C has done it before,
    Found talent abroad
    Which can´t be ignored
    An area where he could score. OTBC

6. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Where did you hear $10m? Transfermarkt says the transfer was £4.4m

I've seen him play for Ghana in the ACN and he's very good. At least he shone at that level, it's often difficult to tell in internationals, but I'd say he's got talent. Really strong on the ball.

Not the greatest montage as he is a defender but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWRxRZVku2I

Being unsettled in Dnipro looks more to do with the racist abuse rather than being a liability/ego, as you say.

However:
    a) I think, even though he's indicated how strongly he wants to leave, he might command quite a hefty price- £4m-5m...
    b) Any player that has never played in England is a big risk. Can we afford to take a risk like this now? I'm not sure. If we stay in the prem another season or two, I'd say that this is just the sort of player we should be taking a punt on, but right now I'm not convinced.

Still, he's young, talented and strong. Could be great if true.

7. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I think were just going to have to face the fact that were going to be spending bigger fees than we ever have done and if were wanting a better caliber player than we have then its going to cost for that type of quality.

8. #BigHairyWinger

he's quick and strong for sure! nice looping pass on him, looks a bit weak playing the ball on the ground though. Kind of like a big Naughton with less attacking prowess?

9. I_Clean_holtys_boots

The daily fail has us linked with Davies, Burke and butland today. Wouldnt mind Davies but thats it!

10. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

11. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

dave, put the daily mail down... it doesn't suit you <ok>

12. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Wicked sense of humour there Goldeneye! I wonder why clubs bother to employ scouts to travel widely in Europe watching football and study libraries of videos of teams all over the continent and elsewhere. By the way, the Dneiper (Dnipro) is one of the great rivers of Europe and the city* from which the football club takes its name is somewhat better known (to the rest of the world at least) than Norwich. <laugh>

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnipropetrovsk

13. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

can't picture the lad myself and know diddly about him but you don't win 35 caps for ghana if you're hopeless.

14. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

........$10M at current exchange rates is aprox. £6.3M so i would guess this is a certain no-go.

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I read it on NewsNow, I wouldn't pay for that ****e!

I was quite surprised they printed my response!

16. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

If Vias Boas becomes the next Tottenham manager expect them to link half the Chelsea squad, particularly the Portuguese players, to Tottenham.

17. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

I would love it if we got Chris Burke. Quality player.<ok>

18. YellowLittle

YellowLittle Well-Known Member

Agree about Chris Burke, been brilliant for Birmingham this season, would like Nathan Redmond as well!

19. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

My missus is from Ghana so I have watched quite a bit of African Nations (although I don't really enjoy the style of football), the one who has always stood out for me for Ghana is Isaac Vorsah who is a defensive midfielder, not generally my cup of tea, but he'd suit the Premiership. Very strong and athletic and very typical of the East and West African players.