1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by CafcFactsStats, Jun 10, 2020.

1. The Punter’s Pal

The Punter’s Pal Well-Known Member

2. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

Talking of which was the Range Rover won by anyone? Thought there’d be some sort of press release?

3. The Punter’s Pal

4. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Well said Dodger.

Freeman, Elliott and Farnell will regret their missed opportunity to just walk away (or run away like Nimer).
    We've had enough of their bulls**t.

5. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I gather from a post I read on ITTV that Craig Freeman is asking the Club (CAFC) to submit his application for the EFL's OAD Test!!

Talk about an arrogant little sh*t <doh>
    I know the prick thinks he owns the Club, but that is just taking the piss.

Chris Parkes (or whoever is dealing with this) should treat Freeman's application to a trip through the office shredder.
    Or string it up in the bogs in case the toilet roll runs out.
    Or even simpler - just tell him to eff off.

dick plumb likes this.
  6. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

The draw will be on Boxing Day.

Smudger603 and lardiman like this.
  7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Call me slightly cynical but..... we suffer a poor 4-2 defeat at what is basically a 'Scotch quality' pub team and some 'less resolute' supporters start to quiz Bow's competence and the quality of our hastily assembled squad .... then a few days later, a common enemy appears over the horizon in the shape of a Welch guy who 'adds up' for a living (I am one myself) and suddenly we are all united again..... <whistle> coincidence?

Smudger603, dick plumb and lardiman like this.
  8. lardiman

Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0111-blush Guilty as charged (of losing much of my faith in Lee Bowyer because of that Burton debacle).

In my defence though, and that of some other fans, I submit that Lee Bowyer and the entire Club are not actually one and the same thing :emoticon-0104-surpr

I don't want LB to fail and ultimately lose his job his season.
    But I am now concerned that this is what could happen - and if it does, I will accept it, in the wider context of what is good for CAFC and the ambitious plans that Thomas Sandgaard has for it.

Craig Freeman is threatening to destabilise the whole of CAFC with his piss-pathetic legal challenge.
    He cannot be allowed to disrupt our new future - under an owner who seems to have the drive, enthusiasm and the means to take us right back to the highest level of English football.
    We unite as fans to defend our Club, of course.

I don't like to sound divisive, but if things don't go well this season and it's a loyalty choice for me between Lee Bowyer and Thomas Sandgaard, I'm afraid Bowyer would come off as the runner-up.
    TS has shown he has faith in Bowyer - something almost no incoming owners do when it comes to incumbent managers.
    9 out of 10 would probably have dumped Bowyer already, simply because they wanted to bring in 'their own people'.

I badly want LB to get it right again, just as he did in 2018-19.
    But if we can all see it isn't happening a couple of months from now, Sandgaard might have to make a tough choice.
    And whatever TS decides, I am sure he will be doing it for the longer term good of Charlton Athletic FC.

Something I will never believe of this little turd Freeman, or his dodgy backers.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Butterfield likes this.
  9. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Much as I like a good conspiracy theory, I think Farnell is still sore at the way TS stitched him up, just wants to annoy him now.

Butterfield likes this.
  10. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

And by doing that annoying the fans also - that’s a dangerous game to play

Butterfield and lardiman like this.

11. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

What is in this for Freeman? He clearly does not have enough money to own Charlton, TS clearly has the better Lawyers so will not get a payoff, yes he is a mate of Farnell but this is only going to cause him a lot of trouble from Charlton fans with little (if any) possible gain?
    https://medium.com/@benjynurick/cha...keover-move-merely-a-distraction-c3ec27e4f231

I can see a complaint to the ACA coming in about conduct unbecoming to a member of the Association <ok>

Elliott has clearly bailed on Farnell because of the bad press so Farnell has found a new Patsy.

12. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Given time Bowyer will be up there with one of our most successful managers. Look at what he has done so far.
    I yearn for the days when 3 year contracts were given out and adhered to.

13. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

This is from TS.

those Range Rovers, the one Chris Farnell was driving around in. It’s kind of interesting because that has driven a lot of bad press towards Chris Farnell. And if you look at Chris Farnell’s dealings in English football, including what looks like asset-stripping of clubs, he’s obviously highly dependent on his reputation in order to still do business in England. It didn’t go so well when he came to Charlton!
    “So I think the announcement of selling Lex Dominus which is his and Paul Elliott’s little empty company, selling that to an individual in Wales is really meant as more of a distraction for people in general not to focus on Chris Farnell and instead to focus on all the turbulence around Charlton. So that’s interesting.
    “If you look at the legal side of the ownership of Charlton, it’s all said and done so there’s really not much to talk about there. But it looks like this guy ‘Tooth’ Freeman, he probably bought Lex Dominus from those two guys for one pound. I’ve been looking at this guy and it looks like, or at least he’s stating that he’s been dabbling with being an agent in the football world. That’s probably where he met Chris Farnell. And as a matter of fact, we’ve found that during the takeover of the club there were millions of tweets relating to that and they were all very positive, there were a few that were skeptical…but there was maybe a dozen or less that were supportive of Farnell and Elliott. And one of those few happens to be ‘Tooth’ Freeman…they obviously know each other quite well. So I’m actually surprised he didn’t get a Range Rover too!
    “But we also know he’s pretty smart because he’s smart enough to delete that incriminating tweet. Those guys…they just keep being good entertainment!”

14. The Punter’s Pal

I love Sandgaard.

Not only has he put his money where his mouth is, and literally saved our club from a near death experience, he’s nobody’s fool and is very quick to get his retaliation in. Farnell will never have come up against someone of the Dane’s heft before now.

I love his little digs about ESI / Lex being tiny companies with no money in them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  15. The Punter’s Pal

Even Farnell’s own daughter is on social media now, saying what a Wrong ‘un he is

319720EA-10B1-4B48-92B1-4D9599AF725D.jpeg AFD2AF0A-3937-4045-8E97-CC3BE068D392.jpeg

lardiman and dick plumb like this.
  16. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

I get the impression that Sandgaard is slowly putting the squeeze on Farnell and clan. Hopefully they will get their come uppance.

Ken Shabby and dick plumb like this.
  17. The Punter’s Pal

It seems increasingly likely that Mr Norcroft from the Sunday Times is a wrong ‘un. He has undeclared links to Farnell, and was clearly briefed by him on yesterday’s smear story.

20308551-3C33-4FE7-A379-9644F6476376.jpeg

lardiman likes this.
  18. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

Farnell is being exposed for what he is, thanks to some painstaking research work by some people. A really nasty piece of work. God knows where our club would be now if he'd ever got his grubby little mitts on it.

19. The Pub Landlord

The Pub Landlord Well-Known Member

Farnell might have been better walking quietly away from Charlton and letting the fuss die down. It would soon have been old news.

Instead he seems intent on pursuing a for he can never defeat.

By keeping himself in the spotlight he reduces his options for future operations as more people get wise to him.

The Punter’s Pal likes this.
  20. The Pub Landlord

The Pub Landlord Well-Known Member

This has now been removed, you were very quick to catch it