1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Owners - 3 rival parties

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Didn't say I did look like him. He asked who I thought I looked like. Wishful thinking, needless to say.

2. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Administration gives the owners time to sell the club. You don't need any assets just someone who is prepared to buy it.

Cortez91 likes this.
  3. Quill

Quill Bastard

I'm still waiting for your response Tickles.

Or have you gone for your usual tactic of 'hide when you can't respond'.

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

As I told you last time you said that; I support Hull City. If you're not happy with that name then perhaps it's you who ought to find another team to support. You could start Hull Tigers in the Humber Premier League and realise your dream.

Kempton, Barchullona and Pat E O'Dors like this.
  5. Obadiah

I don't mix the two issues. I'm just pointing out that we would still have had a club. Under Bartlett liquidation would never have happened. Where we would have ended up after administration is something you nor I know for certain. It would depend on how wealthy the new owners were and how much they wanted to invest in Hull City.

6. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I'm with you PLT.

7. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

No. We would have ended up with docked points.
    No matter how rich the buyers, we would have had docked points.

The Allams could have bought us cheaper and taken the docked points. They didn't.

So not sure what your point was? We would have had a club. Yes. Admin doesn't always mean ruin. We would not have had anything like what came next.

8. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

I think you'll be waiting a long while Quill. He lives in his own little deluded idiot world where he dreams up as much bollocks as he can come up with to post on here.
    Like the time he said he was a rich idiot. I think we would all be intrigued how he was going to prove that on an internet forum.
    I suspect him saying that on here removes all doubt that he is a ****ing idiot.<laugh>

Quill likes this.
  9. Mr. Shoes

Oh. And administration isn't just time to find a buyer, it is a formal state of affairs backed by law where creditors can recover debt and a new owner can be sought to try and salvage a future out of the mess.

It is a chance to negotiate the debt and possibly continue. And as it means negotiating paying less of he debt back to the creditors, in consideration of a future where the club may continue, it is far from the shop window state of affairs to attract new owners.

In this clubs case there were no assets beyond the name and support. Not much to tempt all but the most adventurous. Taking the club with the debt, and avoiding administration, was generous in the extreme and a gamble whatever.

10. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Can I be the best man?

11. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Not denying what you have said, however, we could still have had a club. There is no evidence to suggest Hull City AFC would of ceased to exist without the Allams. We could of possibly gone down the pan and be in League Two right now, or we could of got a billionaire from China who sent us into the Premier League and into the Champions league! Who knows what would of happened, none of us can say, but to say there would be no Hull City without Assam is completely and utterly wrong.

12. Obadiah

I know the difference between liquidation and administration. We would have had docked points and it is likely that we would have been in a worse league position then now. Its also possible that we could have ended up in a better position.

Before Assem Allam bought the club I understand he had two offers on the table, one for the club without the KC freehold and one with. The one with was around £60 million. I don't know if that's true but I respect the source. If it is true it will explain why he feels so cheated by the Council after he spent £40 million getting the club. It would explain why Bartlett talked up the threat of liquidation. Nothing like a little outside pressure to get the deal done.

All if, buts and maybes and water under the bridge. He put the money in and has shown by his actions that he has scant regard to our community, otherwise he's had halved his interest payment this year, built a bubble pitch on the land at Melton, or the land at County Road North and left the community sports in the Airco alone. But paraphrasing his son said they do what's moral and right for them.

For me that leaves a bitter taste.

13. carmen newell

carmen newell Active Member

my info is not from any of these and 100% correct

14. Obadiah

Unless they worked for the creditor holding the secured charge on the parachute payments you'd not know if an application for administration would have been made. As soon as City was put into liquidation their security would have become worthless.

15. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

They're just having a wobble because they believe Allam will sell and Voldemort will take over.

I don't see how a new owner could be any worse than Allam to be honest. It doesn't matter that he 'saved us', his actions and attitude have been atrocious throughout.

I wonder if the Allam rimmers would hate a new owner if they stepped in and ended up being adored? It would be interesting to see who is genuine and who is a wum on here should it happen.

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Let me help you out then.

Not investing anything in the squad.
    Not keeping hold of Brucie.
    Interfering with footballing matters.
    Run the club into the ground whilst taking out the PL riches.
    Not be interested in investing in our youth set up.
    Not be interested in any improvements to the stadium.

Just so you know, I don't "adore" the Allams, I admire them, I respect them and I am grateful to them. It isn't all or nothing for me, any new owners would be judged on their actions and treated accordingly. Life isn't quite as simple as you seem to paint, maybe you'll understand that when you grow up a little bit.

CANADATIGER, Mr. Shoes and bobby ace like this.
  17. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

I can't improve on that. Well said.

Happy Tiger likes this.
  18. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The Premier League isn't a franchise. Are you getting mixed up with rugby league?

19. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

I would like you all to have a look at Happy Tiger's post.

This is what it's all about. This is the politics of the situation. Dickheads being scared.

So, just to counter it:

A new owner may:

Invest in the squad
    Keep hold of Steve Bruce (Not 'Brucie', I'm not a dolly dealer ffs...)
    Not interfere in football matters
    Run the club at a profit, whilst earning a wage
    Invest in our youth set up
    Stadium improvements as required

A new owner may also:

Not try to change our name
    Not deem fans irrelevant
    Not wish fans who chant "City Till I Die" to "Die when they want"
    Not remove our name from programmes, websites, club badge, billboards and all the rest
    Look to have constructive talks with the local council on how to move the club forward
    Plus more if i didn't have to be at work at 6am....

Happy Tiger and the rest who think like you:

You'll accept all the ****, just in case we get someone worse. What a bunch of fannies. Pathetic.

Grow a pair, stand up for what's right. If you're making lists about how much worse things can be, then you must know how **** they are right now.

Allams out.

20. Mr. Shoes

And they may not