1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

...and people are quite rightly banned from attending if they refer to it as a 'matchday experience' ;)

TwoWrights and DMD like this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

**** OFF YOU ****S

Ken DeMange's Love Child and GLP like this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance

please log in to view this image

6. Quill

Quill Bastard

Dear Supporters,

I write to you as we find ourselves in unprecedented times. I hope this letter finds you and your families in good health and I would also like to thank you for your support during what is a tough time for all of us.

After making a promising start to the 2019/20 season, which saw us in the mix for a play-off place, the turn of the year saw a stark turn in our fortunes. Off the pitch, we concluded transfer dealings which were financially very good for the Club but, on the flipside, a disastrous second half to the season led to a relegation fight which, despite the hard work from players and coaching staff, sadly ended in relegation to League One.

Naturally emotions are running very high at the moment, which is to be expected. After all, sport is all about passion and emotion, and we must use the pain we all feel now as a positive, as we look to address the issues that led to our relegation.

Across the Club, we have reflected on last season and, with some very hard lessons learned, the focus of everyone is on ensuring we give ourselves the very best chance to bounce back to the Championship at the very first opportunity.

We understand the discontent at the moment. Last season was far from good enough and our fans and partners deserve better and we are all working hard to put things right. As a whole, we have been very proud of the on-field performances during our stewardship of the Club and it has always been our intention to give our fans performances to be proud of, and we will do so again.

We firmly believe that Grant McCann is the man best placed to lead our fightback. Undoubtedly, we have struggled since the turn of the year and everyone at the Club shares the blame for that, myself included. Grant is an excellent, hungry young manager and is desperate to right the wrongs of last season and we are giving him our full backing to do that.

We also believe the squad we have possesses the talent necessary to take the Club back into the Championship. Recruitment over the coming weeks will be crucial in supplementing that and giving Grant the tools he needs for a successful League One campaign. There is a lot of youthful promise in the playing group as it stands and one of our priorities in the transfer market is to add the experience and nous necessary to further develop that potential.

Talk is cheap at the moment, but we will be using the disappointment we all suffered to spur us on as we look to deliver the actions that are now required – effective recruitment, a strong pre-season and an aggressive start to life in League One.

We find ourselves in a difficult position and now, more than ever, we need unity. As players, coaching staff, owners and fans it is essential that we stick together. This great Club has suffered some very dark days in the past but managed to fight its way out of them and, by sticking together now, we can all play our part in getting Hull City back where we belong.

UTT

Ehab Allam
    Vice-Chairman

The amount of absolute bullshit in that letter is incredible. You ****ing ****.

7. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Ehab should give him enough money to buy food.

8. dennisboothstash

It certainly is Catch 22
    I asked you the question because you'd said that "We need to make the best of where we are, and begin to think a little more clearly about how we can improve rather than implode."
    I'm not actually sure fans are in a position to do that. Maybe sounds defeatist, but as you've said you think everyone should go so we have cash to invest, but you've stopped going and so are reducing the cash. Not a criticism, it just highlights that simply 'thinking more clearly' about it hasn't so far caused anything positive to happen.
    I like the Trust's amber ribbon campaign, because that is looking to create fan unity ready for a time when people will return for whatever reason. However the only things that can be done in the meantime need to be done by the owners (I say the owners rather than the club because Ehab micromanages everything. If he had a Chief Exec in running it and he stood back that would be different but right now every decision is his). They need to show leadership and try and galvanise those that might go to feel part of something worth fighting for. Whether they are capable of that, or even want to do that, is questionable at best, certainly their past history doesn't suggest they can, will or want to.

...or maybe I'm just not thinking clearly enough?

9. HulluvaGuy

HulluvaGuy Active Member

I have no idea what the answer Is.
    Wining and people going again.

if only it was that simple.

For what it’s worth I think that open letter is well written. Whether you can take it as sincere is a personal choice.
    He says talk is cheap so I’ll be looking at the actions with hope.

10. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

It is reasonably well written.
    I was talking recently with someone who worked pretty closely with him and his old man at the club a few years ago. His summary was 'well educated but a complete ****er' (and that's from someone who doesn't typically use such terms).
    History / facts say it's full of BS and also incredible arrogance ('stick together', 'we', 'unity', ....).

-> Realistically they should turn up in numbers and flood the stadium again and get the cash flowing. We had 25k once. We should be pushing money into the club and making us rich enough to get back up there.
    It's a fair point, but .....

-> But it won’t happen .... We have an irreconcilable issue between club and fans and it’s going to destroy us
    Nailed.

11. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

One of my favourite terms is "Match Day Experience" it sound so corporate and so upper middle class. "I'm just off to football love" just doesn't have the same class as "Darling I am just going for my regular match day experience". I mean we even serve Gin and Tonic in the Tigers Trust Arena Bar now!

12. dennisboothstash

Wining me would possibly help...

13. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

I will never accept this is going to destroy the club, although I agree we don't know what the answer is at the moment!
    I do feel the fans need to unite to be a part of the solution which is why things like the Amber Ribbon campaign make sense. If a supporter buy out as suggested by The Omega Man isn't possible, I do still wonder if we can collectively work to encourage a buyer or a consortium of buyers out of the woodwork. The Allams ownership over recent years has been disastrous but I don't subscribe to the belief that they will never sell until they have destroyed us.

14. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Chairmans vote of confidence for McCunt.

See you Grunt, ****e working with you.

15. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

The thing is on this reconciliation ****e is that when Marco Silva came there was a ,ink between the fans and the club a passion I haven't seen in a long long time. Even under Nigel Adkins, there was a link because you knew he was dong his absolute best with limited resources and getting results.... NOW!! ... say no more..

16. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

17. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

It's only a bit of fun with a song. Don't take it too seriously. Ehab Sprout's greatest bit...

18. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

This season will be an easy ride for them
    Massive cost cutting and payments still due so profits to be made.
    No supporters will be in the stadiams to voice disapproval so why would they go.
    I am very close to knocking the financial support of this club completely on the head until they leave in 2050

19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

As someone said, somewhere on this thread or another... if there had been fans in the stadium we wouldn't have been relegated...

20. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

'I don't subscribe to the belief that they will never sell until they have destroyed us.' I hope you are right but I think a number of people thought Bury wouldn't actually be destroyed (as a league club).

Gone For A Walk likes this.