1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Maybe. Its completely possible its one of the 2 groups that already exist and thats why nothing is on our news about it as there wouldnt be anything new to talk about.

If it was some new group I would expect some info on our end just because these groups normally involve so many people. It seems really rare just anecdotally here for a sale to be discussed and not have lots of info flying around about it. I know they wouldnt be buying a US club but most of these sports groups are controlled by people who own US teams and the 49ers buying a club is obviously a big deal.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Oh I see what you're saying. I think the party that has contacted the Council is one of the two already mentioned.

3. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Leaders of the "Raping & Pillaging Asset Stripping" League:
    1. US Consortiums
    2 Genghis Khan
    3 The Vikings

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

Wasn't the entire point about Randy Lerner, for instance, that he didn't asset strip?

Can't think of many US owners in the PL who have actually done that.

Liverpool and United's owners were just poor in the transfer market for instance, when those clubs took dives.

Did Fulham's owners asset strip?

5. tigerscanada

Excellent midfield that...bugger off Hudds.

Cambstiger likes this.
  6. tigerscanada

(1) He just ran Villa into the ground and most likely made a profit
    (2) No, they erected a statue of Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage, and ran them into the ground. Neither were they American.

7. SydneyTiger14

1) He lost a large amount of money, that has been covered extensively on here.
    2) Ok. So they didn't asset strip.

I'm genuinely asking, which PL American owners have asset stripped?

8. tigerscanada

Lerner sold many of their better players to reduce his losses, which is asset stripping in my mind. I suspect, although cannot find the evidence, that he didn't lose as much of his own money as reported.
    The point of my original post is that Americans do not buy "soccer" clubs to lose money. It's an opportunity to make money in their eyes. Many don't understand the subtleties of our National game, and when faced with losses, they tend to asset strip & run clubs into the ground.
    Like the Allams, they see the pot of gold (richer now than a few years earlier), but have very little care for the devastation they can leave behind.
    They will be trying to woo the Hull City Council for developing the "real estate" potential, as did the Allams. That is all they will really be interested in.
    In my humble opinion.

9. SydneyTiger14

He sold their better players and reinvested that money in ****ter players. He did not reduce his losses.

Last summer for Villa, for instance:

Sold: Benteke (32m), Delph (8m), Weimann (3m) = 43m in.
    Bought: Gueye (9m), Amavi (9m), Ayew (9m), Veretout (7m), Traore (7m), Gestede (6m), Lescott (2m), Sinclair (2.5m) = 51.5m.

So you can't name a single club that showed clear evidence of asset stripping from US owners?

The one that comes to my mind is Blackpool. They have English owners. **** owners are **** owners, regardless of nationality.

Bengals Tiger likes this.
  10. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Arsenal, Liverpool and Sunderland are also owned by Americans if that helps being the teams you havent mentioned.

11. SydneyTiger14

I mentioned Liverpool before, they had **** US owners who appointed Hodgson, who bought **** players, that wasn't an ownership thing per se. The new US owners have appointed Klopp and have bought a lot of players.

Arsenal are clearly not asset stripping, although the case could have been made years ago when they seemed to lose a key player each summer.

Sunderland are also clearly not asset stripping, but arguably also fall in the "Buy lots of **** players" basket.

12. tigerscanada

I suggest you look at the definition of asset stripping.

Barchullona likes this.
  13. SydneyTiger14

I suggest you look at it. Lerner has made a massive loss on his investment in Villa.

No US owner in the PL has asset stripped the clubs they have owned that I can see, and you haven't named one that has.

14. tigerscanada

Do you see my posts as I'm typing them ? How do you manage to edit your own posts without this site logging them ? Puzzling !
    Back on topic.
    By saying Villa sold its good assets (players) and bought **** (more players) is a good example of asset stripping. Is Villa more or less valued than it was when Lerner bought it ?

15. SydneyTiger14

Not sure what you mean?

It's not a good example of asset stripping at all. Asset stripping is the process of selling a company's assets in order to pay down debt. Villa essentially sold assets to fund the purchase of new assets, and those new assets did not have the level of output that they were valued at. That is a poor investment decision, not asset stripping.

16. tigerscanada

So paying down debt through asset stripping is not an investment decision ? Amazing.

17. SydneyTiger14

Eh? It is an investment decision. I never said otherwise. <doh>

Please don't turn this into another of your tit-for-tats with me.

Lerner did not asset strip. He made bad investment decisions. Asset stripping is one investment decision. Buying players is another. He did the latter not the former.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  18. tigerscanada

Not a chance. But let me ask you one simple question. Was Benteke an asset ? Did he sell him ( essentially asset strip) ? An investment decision, reducing the debt he was carrying (or reducing his personal outlay) ? The fact that he spent more thereafter on other players was the bad investment decision, but he sold their prize asset.
    That's what drives many corporate takeovers in many US businesses. Assuming efficiency gains can be made through the final configuration (after the selling of certain assets) of the restructured company. Lerner ****ed up, Villa were relegated, he asset stripped.
    The whole point of my initial, somewhat facetious post about Vikings & US consortiums.
    Lerner & Villa are a good example of what I was driving at.

Feel free to come back with your usual "I don't want to get into a stupid argument with you". Concentrate on your pod-cast.

19. SydneyTiger14

Christ, if all it takes to constitute asset stripping in your mind is selling an asset then all the owners asset strip.

You're a bore.

20. tigerscanada

Try insulting someone. Always ends a conversation.
    Let me try. Ignorant ****.