1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

The Premier League stated there was no business case for the name change.......surely they are qualified to say so

2. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I couldn't give a monkeys about your unwillingness to debate opinions other than your own - you've proved my point about this forum on that score. What I do care about is that you withdraw your defamatory statement about "lies" as you are unable to justify it. Trying to fob it off as you are in "piss take" mode is unacceptable. You are a moderator - act like one.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You seen me in the shower? :emoticon-0112-wonde

4. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

No but heard you got a long face.

5. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

To try and put an end to this now... Waggy, you speak as if CTID started initiating 'hostilities' as a fight back to tjw owners. By hostilities I can only imagine you refer to chanting at matches and singing one of the usual songs at 19:04. However, the CTID group were urging the Allams to take a vote and consult with the fans exactly as they were supposed to... now, this did happen, but it took months of non-agreement from the club until they had to comply by order of the FA.

Regardless of how twisted that survey was, the fact is there that CTID were trying to go about things in the least hostile way possible to absolutely no avail.

Please explain what you regard as hostilities.

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

You have made ridiculous and spurious claims on this thread, I can't be arsed to go point them out as I think you're a ****ing imbecile and I'm watching Snakes On A Plane.

renegadetiger and GLP like this.
  7. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Back on topic.. Am I correct in assuming that once the Chinese pass the Fit & Proper person test, the takeover is a 'done deal'?

8. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I believe so.

tigercity likes this.
  9. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I've heard of that film.

What's it about?

10. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

Question for Waggy:

If, during Lloyd's reign of a terror, a protest group emerged calling themselves 'City Till We Die', would you have called them out and said their name is too provocative against the owner, Lloyd?

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

A boat.

1MoreAgain likes this.
  12. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

think Eddie Lizzard plays the lead character who has a hissy fit on an Airbus..

13. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

With eels?

14. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Every thread descends into willy waving and feather fanning.

So did the Chinese meet the FA today? Anyone have any real news beyond whose cock is longest!?

Geo10 likes this.
  15. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I've expressed an opinion that you disagree with - you're entitled to regard it as ridiculous if you want and hurl your usual abuse at me. However, you are not entitled to make defamatory statements about "lies" and it is that statement which I am asking you to withdraw.

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Don't know what you are talking about, we're discussing the badge, not the name change. The Premier League eventually agreed with me on the name change. :emoticon-0105-wink:

17. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

"CTWD - now renamed HCST " This isn't true.

" the vast majority of the HCOSC didn't vote at all because, like me, they don't consider this name change proposal to be that important." This isn't true

Referring to HCOSC - ". At least we've got a group that speaks for all the supporters" This isn't true.

HebridesTiger likes this.
  18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

See OLMs post further down from mine.

If Marketing has 'touched' you in your day job, then you'll undoubtedly know why it's an appallingly ill conceived idea, though if your arguing the toss, then it's safe to assume you haven't been 'touched' by marketing.

Binning it isn't because they did it, binning it is because it's a bloody terrible idea.

Branding needs to incorporate many things an identity and a logo and for sports teams it is usually a fairly good idea to communicate more than a few jumbled numbers.

Does the current logo encourage our own fans to buy shirts? No it doesn't. Many fans are not buying shirts because of the current logo. Shirt sales - down - Fail

Football fans are on the whole traditionalists and a badge is seen as a tangible part of where they they are from and the club they support. No name - Fail

What does the current badge tell anyone who knows nothing about football? It doesn't tell them what sport we play, it doesn't tell them where we play and it doesn't tell them what our name is? How on earth is that going to attract new fans? Or even satisfy existing fans? That badge could be for a baseball team, a basketball team or a rugby team - Fail.

It's a badge with amnesia, instantly forgettable because other than 1 904 it doesn't tell anyone anything - Fail.

We have a world platform whilst we are in the PL to attract new fans and we're failing at the first hurdle by having a Tigers head and 1 904. Means absolutely nothing to most people outside of our current supporter base and other UK PL supporters - Fail.

If you're a company with an instantly recognisable logo eg Apple - then words/text aren't necessary. We are however a million miles away from being Apple.

I'd like you to provide me with one good reason for keeping the current badge, just one. One sentence will do.

19. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Izzard always wears eels doesn't he

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Beavers.