1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Ok, well I didn’t hear it when I was there but on the video it definitely sounds to me like the unbroken “ooooo” of a boo, if it’s a “yooooo”I can’t hear the associated “‘ull”. It also sounds lower pitched like a boo not the higher pitch of yoo ull.

anyway I’m probably over thinking this on a Friday night…

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Years ago when people used to make ooh ooh ooh sounds at a corner there were accusations of racism when it was nothing of the sort.

3. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

You know when you buy a house, cash or mortgage it doesn’t matter, what ever you pay, that house is in debt to you, do you (A) panic like **** and shout I’m in debt for £100k, or whatever, or (B) say this might be worth £150K in a few years, Acun has bought the equivalent to a house, if he does well, he will be in profit, like the Allams were.
    If he ****s up, he can afford it. Football club ownership is a vanity project, he owns a TV station, he will make millions.

askewshair, philhul, AlRawdah and 2 others like this.
  4. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Worth remembering the media company owns the club. Acun is the founder and face of that company, but he came up from the streets and has always had people backing him.

You don't come from here he has, to where he is now without a track record of making as much money for others as you do for yourself.

As far as it's 'not a gift' ?

It never is and you're a naive ****er for thinking it is. Hopefully though it's a win - win.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  5. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

Are you pissed mate

6. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Good post,spot on:emoticon-0148-yes:

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  7. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Acun Medya bought the club.its on the club website. It's bigger than Acun alone.

And no, no-one ever bought a football club purely as a gift to fans.

Not even the 'good' owners.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Radio 5 live podcast 72+, featuring Phil Brown and announcing he has just become a father again. First 15 minutes about City and the takeover including Mike White from RH.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bjklvh

9. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

You are Frank Spencer!

TwoWrights likes this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The SMC debt was owed to City, it’s included in the £30m owed to Allamhouse, not in addition to it.

Acun paid £20-30m, depending on who you believe and in return the Allams wrote off all the debt (it was only a paper debt anyway, they’d actually had the money back in interest and group tax benefit, so Acun’s payment is basically the profit they’ve made from their ownership).

It seems they could also benefit further in the future, as there’s clauses that could see them get additional payments based on success and player sales.

11. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Christ alive, shows you how keen Acun was for the club if he’s agreed to that. No right minded business man would usually sign up on those terms, bar our Turkish night.

12. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

great line !!!

13. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I know it would never happen, but there’s no wonder yeh council never gave the keys to the stadium to them two idiots. This could have happened.

14. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

ive posted this on the blackburn match thread. but as it features the new owner and is a good watch ill post it here too. apologies if this is old news. almost brings a tear to your eye.

15. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why we have got bogged down with only discussing the mere £20-30M? I was told we had had over half a billion through the club several years ago during the Allam era to end up no better off, arguable a smaller club in fact, over the 11 years. City accountants what has been the final turnover? I'd hope that if Acun Ilicali has a similar turnover in the same time scale we will see progressive improvements in the stadium, the training facilities, the fan base and the league position a decade from now, then history will judge the legacies?

16. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

My point was simply that Assam Allam said he'd left the club debt free. BS, another lie.

As OLM sets out nice and simple, the club owed Allamhouse around £30 million. Acun (or Acun Media) paid Allam £20-30m, depending on who you believe, and IN RETURN the Allams wrote off the debt. BUT this means that at that same moment as the debt to Allamhouse was removed, the club became in debt by the same £20-£30m to Acun (Media), as the balance sheet will now show ....... unless Acun has gifted the city £20-£30 million which, as someone else said, doesn't happen.

There's no problem with us still being in debt, just a problem with Allam talking BS / lying about handing us over debt free, and also with people continuing to believe his BS.

Edit: re. the interview, why the hell don't journalists challenge his crazy BS comments? He was once again allowed to otter on about his stupid name change logic, making out the club is called by some stupid incorrect name other than the name that's used throughout the football world, Hull City AFC, nickname The Tigers (exactly as per the badge he removed in spite). Then to talk BS about the club now being debt free. In fact, why even give him air time when he's gone to lengths previously to avoid, even ban fellow journalists.

Why don't I just ignore him now? Because people are still believing and defending his BS.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  17. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Pity it wasn't a 'City 'Til I Die' scarf

18. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I can't say I remember ooh, ooh, ooh but I do remember, "Ooh, it's a corner!" Lack of success made us easily pleased in those days.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  19. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Roman Abramovich owes Roman Abramovich a billion...essentially Chelsea are debt free?

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  20. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

You're telling me he hasn't 'gifted' it. Shock horror. Probably not his money anyway.