1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Tigerite

Tigerite Well-Known Member

Ehab isn’t up to running a bath.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It really is tedious now this.

we have two constant themes.

The allams are fuxking useless and can’t run a bath.

the Allams are making millions and millions out of the club.

It can’t be both, it’s impossible.

3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Was going to say the same thing but at this stage it really isn't worth arguing about. It's been done to death.

For all the mockery about Ehab's comment, we are one of the best run clubs from a financial point of view purely from the fact our wage bill is so much better under control than most clubs. From a football operations point of view we are nowhere near where we need to be. And from a financial perspective regarding gate takings, sponsorship, etc. I think there are a lot of missed opportunities. But for what we have, we are being run in an astute manner.

I would much rather being sold in this context than Derby's, for sure.

4. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

Our wage bill is so much lower than everyone else’s because we don’t have many championship players… it’s good that we aren’t losing millions like other clubs but it’s not as if Ehab is some financial and transfer genius. If we had signed players up to this standard the wage bill would be higher and we wouldn’t have struggled as much as we have done.

HU1 Tiger and PLT like this.
  5. SydneyTiger14

I wasn't suggesting that though, just that we aren't over-reaching. I would suggest we do have quite a few players of Championship quality, despite the doom and gloom from some. I've maintained all season that we are at least as good as any of the other 6-8 teams around us in the table, and with Honeyman back fit we're starting to show what we're capable of, along with a bit of competent management with flexibility of formation.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I see some are still fighting to the very end to defend them.

7. SydneyTiger14

Who's defending? Can't wait until they're gone. Just suggesting I'm happy with the financial position they're leaving us in compared to Derby.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Chazz was really upset that someone mentioned Allam Marine's profits being down from £20m to £1.8m.

Urika said he just can't understand where the hatred comes from, which is really quite incredible.

Kempton and AlRawdah like this.
  9. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

We have plenty of championship level players and the benefit of 3 PL loanees. We've just beaten 3 championship teams, and had clean sheets, inspite of injury and suspension challenges, which pretty much proves the point beyond reasonable doubt.. We just don't imo have many if any top Championsip players. We just haven't been getting the best out of what we've got until recently when McCann had no real choice but to change his set up.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  10. SydneyTiger14

Chazz responded to the contradictory accusations of 'Ehab is incompetent' and 'Ehab makes so much money off us' when as he rightly points out, it can't be both.

But as I said, who the **** cares, they'll be gone soon enough.

11. SydneyTiger14

A few idiots on Twitter during our poor run suggested no manager in world football could keep us up, because we were on a poor run of form, but anyone could see that it was a combination of missing personnel and a poor system being deployed for the team. We've looked infinitely better with Honeyman back in the side and playing a 3-5-2 and long may it continue. Bristol City, Derby, Reading, Cardiff, Peterborough, are all on par or worse than us this season.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

It's not incredible at all. I've spent virtually all my City supporting life dreaming of seeing City get to an FA Cup Final and play in the very top division of English football. I've said it many times before, because it's true, my generation were brought up on being told this club will never reach the First Division, and we dined out for most of our lives on the back of a 2-2 draw in the Cup at Chelsea in 1966. Chazz is right when he says we are a small club, look at our history, we hardly had one until we moved to the KC Stadium. Our trophy cabinet had a china tea set in it, the Air Arrow Trophy and little else. I've seen Hull City win at Arsenal and Spurs in a league games, lead Liverpool 2-0 away, three trips to Wembley even Europe. We had a £10m centre forward and a team full of internationals, all under the Allams ownership.
    And then I've seen a handful of us shaking collection buckets under the noses of the few fans we had left to pay the players wages under other millionaire owners.
    Hatred is a very strong word PLT. Also on another thread how many on here will be turning over a profit of 'only' £1.8m when they are in their 80's ?
    Its football matey and this club has been at the very top ( briefly) and at the very bottom of it in my lifetime.
    I know which I prefer and as someone once said, you don't always get what you want.
    UTT.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  13. jeffratcliffe's_hat

jeffratcliffe's_hat Active Member

Whatever your stance is on the present owners, I think this thread underlines why we need a fresh start at Hull City AFC.
    Onwards and Upwards UTT

14. s02699

s02699 Active Member

I get what you're saying but Derby and Reading have been better than us. Derby would have 24 points and Reading 23.

15. SydneyTiger14

But I would back us over the course of the season to finish above them, even without the points penalties. Their squads aren't that good.

Preston another I would back us to chase down.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Assem Allam is quite obviously a very good businessman, his son isn't, the two are not contradictory at all.

LeftSaidFred and Large Elephant like this.
  17. SydneyTiger14

Didn't realise Assem had been running the day-to-day of the club for the last 4-5 years?

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Wtf are you on about I never mentioned anything of the sort

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  19. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Probably one of the most accurate and well thought out posts ever written on here...so simple it's brilliant!!

Doffs cap:emoticon-0148-yes:

20. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

The old term for it is usury.