1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Optimistic Positive Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lewebster, Nov 11, 2019.

1. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

Not quite as long as that, I appreciate it feels it but its really only been 1 year.

Last year with Hughes as our starting manager we had the same points, it looked very bleak.

But under Pellegrino we had 13 points after 12 games and sat in 14th position. Funnily enough, we were 9 points from 5th that season as we are this season which just goes to show how that it is currently easier to climb the table than that season. That sounds positive!

I'm not denying that this is the 4th season since Koeman left and took the fun times with him but let's not rewrite history and say at this stage of the season for last 4 years we have all felt doomed! :emoticon-0105-wink:

2. lewebster

There's nothing wrong with a bit of cheese though(unless it's helmet cheese!!).

3. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I'm feeling really optimistic about tomorrow.

4. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Would the fact that Saints aren’t playing have anything to do with it?

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

That's not a positive <whistle>

6. It's Only A Game

Aren't they? That must be it then.

Actually, it's got everything to do with it but a short break is ok.

7. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Being an eternal pessimist but usually a happy sort of chap, especially when the wife is out at work, I felt it was time to look on the bright side of things and find some positives. The smug Tories are convinced they will win the election, but they might not. Boris is still a tit, and that ain't ever going to change.

We play Arsenal on Saturday and I'm going, without the wife. We have a chance of winning and I'm going to run with that for now. The Saints Women's Team play with passion (must tell the wife) and clearly enjoy themselves, and just keep on winning. Sam Allardyce is not our manager. We didn't loose last weekend.

Baked beans and poached eggs on toast for an anti celebrity chef tea. No Quinoa bollocks here ta very much. Barley Sugar and Cough Candy sweets are still available, and they are the same size as they always were. **** off American Cadbury's and all the other rip-off companies. Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing still exists. Margaret Thatcher doesn't.

Now if that isn't positive, I don't know what is.

8. Wherefore art thou Romeu?

Wherefore art thou Romeu? Well-Known Member

Just stumbled across this thread. Right up my street.

A point at the Emirates not to be sniffed at, particularly given the huge amount of chances created. We've got 4 winnable games now before potentially investing in one or two key positions in January. I'm glad we've stuck by the manager and am not worried about the character we have in the side, despite what is written.

The players I've seen linked can give us a real shot in the arm and make us a lot more solid. Signing Ruben Semedo and getting Victor back would do me.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Saints_Alive likes this.
  9. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Didn’t we try to sign semedo like 2 years ago?

I wouldn’t take wanyama back myself. Better options out there now and it never works out. Sign sander berge from genk.

10. lewebster

Would def get Big Vic back, still a quality player. Don't know much about the other guy though, getting close to January now, so I'm sure we will get linked to everyone!

And yeah it was a great point at Arsenal, I get that it feels like a defeat but small steps guys, let's get 6 points from the next 2 and we will be off and running!!

11. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

A settled team and good run of form with some wins going into January and things could look very different as the table below the top four is very close as far as points go but our home form MUST improve and i'm not sure if this team can mentally overcome it at this time but a couple of wins at SMS would surely help to start with.

Kaito likes this.
  12. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I haven't yet been to a game this season but from what I've heard on TV the atmosphere is much better at away games than at St Mary's. That also needs to improve, as I'm sure it will with a couple of wins.

I might even have to drag myself along!

Saints_Alive and Kaito like this.
  13. It's Only A Game

The atmosphere at St Mary's is ok to start with even after the first goal is conceded (not great but ok). Then we concede again and it all goes quiet. No home wins to cheer and a 0-9 certainly knocks the stuffing out of the vocal support and who can blame them? It's difficult at the moment and they expect the worst when the opposition score which they've done in every home game.
    I've just realised this is the optimistic positive thread so, UTFS!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  14. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wondered where you'd been... good to see ya back fella.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  15. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Cheers Libs, been on a sabbatical from this place lately that's what losing 9-0 at home can to to you!...:emoticon-0119-puke:... Have had a few work commitments too.

fatletiss, Libby and ChilcoSaint like this.
  16. SaintJabie

SaintJabie Active Member

Two wins against Watford and Norwich at SMS will do masses to improve our confidence at home, sink our rivals into relegation mire and lift us out of the relegation zone. It's in our hands, and we all know that we have a team capable of accomplishing this.

17. lewebster

So a near full team to choose from(sorry forgotten man McQueen) led to round pegs in round holes which led to a draw against Arsenal at the Emirates(this isn't the thread to moan about dropping 2 points!) followed by an incoming DOFO who is actually a pretty high profile person and who has solid previous experience with us before, all very positive.

What next a win at home, followed by a win at home?? Then some more points in the other upcoming matches?? What price on Ralph getting manager of the month in December? **** it, I'm gonna have a cheeky bet on that!!

fatletiss likes this.
  18. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Being optimistic and positive is one thing, but that kind of thinking is likely to get you carted off by very strange people in white coats.

lewebster likes this.
  19. lewebster

Bring them on, I've got a bucket of red paint just ready for painting some stripes on those coats!!

Libby and Archers Road like this.
  20. ihatemyselfandwanttodie

ihatemyselfandwanttodie Well-Known Member

The KKK?