1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New manager?

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, May 29, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Looks like as we suspected that Hurst and Doig leaving was pretty well a done deal. I wish them well and thank them for a fantastic season and a half. Some of the names I have seen as a possible replacement are a bit worrying and it will probably be someone not even on the list. I would like someone who has a few years experience and success at a lower level just like Hurst had. If it is an older manager who has experience at a higher level then Pearson would be great (but we probably cannot afford him). Judging by the performance last time we were looking we will probably end up with a stopgap which will completely ruin the pre-season recruitment.

Matster and Zenfootball2 like this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

David Hopkin is one name touted ,he has managed to get Livingstone promoted with a small budget ,but who knows , a lot put forward by the bookies i really hope we avoid

Matster likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

welcome John Askey seems to tick all the boxes and hopefully can unearth a few gems from the lower leagues..

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Great work from the chairman and chief executive to get this wrapped up so quickly though I suspect they knew Hurst was leaving a couple of weeks ago and made some preparations for it. I suspect this affected the performance at Wembley and why Eisa was not on the bench I do not know. Anyway, welcome John Askey - seems a decent bloke and his team had a brilliant season so let's hope that translates to League 1!

Matster likes this.
  5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep seems like a good appointment, and quickly made by Town unlike previous times when we had to wait for ages for such stuff to go through the correct advertising and interview procedures.

Hopefully they continue with the superb fitness regime they implemented last one season and that we sign some interesting players along the way.

Sadly Craig Macgilevray looks like he is off, poorly treated by Hurst and shunned at most opportunities if Henderson was available. Rumours that we are interested in Abo Rosa's brother are interesting but probably out of our price range unless Ago can persuade him!