1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New kit

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I'm sure some gasheads will like the new kit. It is very similar to the 1999-2000 kit. I wasn't keen on that kit and to me, this new kit is worse. Thankfully it is not as bad as the Tesco bag shirt but it's still bad nonetheless.

I'm sorry to come across as a negative bastard about Rovers yet again but it's another way in my opinion that shows the club has completely lost it's identity to me.

First, we sign a bunch of players who don't give a crap about the club or fans. Only McCormick last season can come out with his head held high and he wasn't even our player! Being a gashead, we are use to losing games but we expect the team to give 100%. Last season, the players gave up as soon as we went 1-0 down and often got rolled over. That is not the Rovers I know. Hopefully the new players will be much better at giving everything for the club.

We then sign a manager who is probably the biggest thug in football. Who is very lucky to even have a football career after some of the things he has done to others on and off the pitch. His past attracts so much negativity to our club, who is suppose to be a family club! Every club will hate us because of him. We know he will be an easy target to the opposition as they know he bites and he will be an easy target to the officials too as they will expect something to come out of his mouth and will be less lenient to him than they would to other managers. That is not the Rovers I know. Hopefully Barton is a changed man. But with the stuff he was saying in pre and post match interviews, I can't see it.

So with the manager and players discussed, I now move on to the new kit. The shirt is now split into thirds. A white and blue half in the top third of the shirt. All blue in the 2nd third of the shirt. And a blue and white bottom third of the shirt. The black trim above and below the sponsors name shows the shirt split into thirds. Even with the 1999-2000 kit you could still see the quarters because the middle section for the sponsor was much smaller. But the middle section in this seasons shirt is way too big meaning its messed up the quarters. So we have lost the quarters. A Bristol Rovers home shirt without blue and white quarters. That is not the Rovers I know.

Yes, some will like it. It's all down to individual tastes of course. But I know some will not like it. Of course the club cannot please everyone but I am sure the club won't sell as many shirts this season as previous seasons. With the financial climate that we are in, the club should have went safe to get as much sales as possible to help the income coming in to the club. I think they have messed up.

18 months of players not giving a ****, a thug as a manager and losing the quarters on our home shirts, you can see why I say the club has lost it's identity. Maybe they are doing this on purpose to attract more fans and different type of fans. Who knows! But they risk losing the existing fans and I am extremely disenchanted with this club. No season ticket for me, no new shirt either, if there are others feeling the same, the club will be losing out.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

1999-2000 shirt...

please log in to view this image

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

This seasons new shirt...

upload_2021-7-16_23-32-19.png

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

The only thing I liked about the new shirt was the short film clip they put with it to include ALL PEOPLE not just the few, wouldn't buy it even if I wanted a Rovers shirt I think it is just like our football last season awful