1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Fletcher bid rejected (Debate)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by parkersafc, Aug 14, 2012.

1. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Apparently £12m +. Time to leave this one alone now I think and go after other targets. Wolves think there being smart by keeping moving the goalposts but they are going to have an unhappy player stuck at the club when they could have a nice sum of money to spend on the new managers targets who might actually want to be there.
    :
    Debate:

This whole scenario has got me thinking. Along the lines of fair play and restraint of trade etc.

Should the pfa and governing league bodies be able to intervene to come to an amicable resolution?

The player has handed a transfer request in and a premier league club are offering more than a reasonable sum of money for his services. Wolves are denying Fletcher the chance to play at the highest level. Tribunals set the fee when a young players contract runs out so would an appeal system work in a fletcher like scenario?

We have financial fair play, how about Transfer/trade fair play?

2. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

he handed one in, but I have never heard if they accepted it.

for me its Wolves perogotive, the player signed a contract, if wolves want him to see it out and they do not want to sell him, thats their business, and they have every right to do so.

Imagine if it happened to us with sess, it nearly did with Phillips, he handed in 3 transfer requests when other clubs came calling, mind you in hindsight we maybe should sold for £20million, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, t the time, we did not want to sell, refused his transfer request, and he just had to knuckle down and play for us.

You cant really have it so when its beneficial to us, we think its great, then when it happens to us, we moan about it.

3. Dean_Acky

Dean_Acky Member

According to the echo wolves have rejected our newest offer.. Surely it's time to tell them jog on??

4. Dean_Acky

Dean_Acky Member

Sorry didn't see this thread had already been started.

5. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

When do we just forget it <bubbly>

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

7. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

We were in the position with Bent. He wanted to go, we got a reasonable bid and sold him.

Wolves are taking the piss. If someone offered a reasonable amount for Sess, cest la vie

8. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

thats fine, but it is still the clubs decision, not some bloke in an office in london.

9. Dean_Acky

Dean_Acky Member

I think I read somewhere they rejected his transfer request.. But I think it's time to move on to other targets, he'll be crap now anyway for us as its been too hyped. Bit like when your a kid at christmas and you get really excited a few days before then you get a stupid looking jumper and some socks... Or was that just me??

10. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

Fletcher is under contract so it&#8217;s up to Wolves to accept or reject a bid.

Fletcher is unhappy & has handed in a transfer request so it would be in wolves best interest to sell him .But Wolves have the upper hand here Fletcher is apparently MoNs number 1 target they know we are desperate for forwards they know the window closes in just over 2 weeks so they will squeeze us for every last penny. No matter who we go for we are desperate we will pay more than what they are worth to sign them.

I can see Fletcher signing for us before the 31st but I think its going to cost us 15-18m to get him.Unless Fletcher refuses to play then we could get him for 12m

I know most people are going to say it&#8217;s too much money he is not worth it but at the end of the day it&#8217;s not my money so if the club thinks he is worth it there is **** all we can do about it

11. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

I hope we can secure another forward and then return to Wolves - as others have said the fact that he is our number 1 target, that we have made that abundantly clear and that our current options are considered weak puts Wolves in the driving seat...if we get another one in then we immediately improve our position.

I hope that MON will have other irons in other fires in any event...wolfsfinger and others...

12. Davie 1973

Davie 1973 Well-Known Member

Move on now. Deffo.

He'll be available for a more realistic price in January.

13. Redandwhiteoxford

I agree with this... They have set their price and we haven't met their requirements. I think we have tested them and it will be egg on their faces if we pull the plug on it now.

It will show that we have drawn the line and regardless of our state we are not prepared to pay over the top (their asking price).

14. yogi2409

yogi2409 Member

I thought we'd already made a 12m take it or leave it offer, now we've come back with extra's, not surprised if Wolves keep knocking us back hoping for more as we keep coming back with more. Smacks a bit of desperation which is exactly the impression we dont want to be putting across. Sack this off, seek other targets and see if they dont come back in a few days or Jan at latest looking to be more 'reasonable'

15. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

If we are being honest anything over 6-8m is overpriced for Fletcher, yes we were prepared to pay an extra few million but this is a joke now.

Walk away and watch Wolves lose him for 3-4m next summer.

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Enough's enough.

We have to have a plan B, surely??

17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Are we related Dean??!!

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Now, what about Defoe.

I've been well in the 'won't come here camp', but let's look at it another way.

They reckon IF Spurs were to sell, it'd be something like £6million mark, half a Fletcher.

That surely means we could offer him a blockbuster wage.

He's in a similar boat to Bent when we signed him, in the papers to day, I quote 'I can't have another heartbreaking year sat on the bench every week'

He'd be playing 90mins every week, and I think he'd score barrel loads in these circumstances.

Could we do it, Spurs rumoured to be going with a young kid up top over him Saturday.

19. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

20. Dean_Acky

Dean_Acky Member

Lol... Aha it wasn't just me then... Kinda makes me feel better that somebody else felt a underwhelmed as me