1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

new assistant manager

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Jul 17, 2020.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Jack Mesure has been appointed as assistant manager, he coached along side Ben Garner at Crystal Palace. He spent 10 years starting in the academy and eventually coaching the U23s. During his time there Zaha, Wan Bissaka and James Daly came through the ranks.

In 2018 he was headhunted by Chelsea and coached from the U15s to the U23s during the last 2 seasons

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The guy has only just walked through the door and you have some people already moaning that our manager has no experience and his assistant has no experience either. Literally doom and gloom are some people.

Im really excited about this. BG wants to be able to use our youth players and improve our youngsters, who better to do it than this guy Jack Mesure, who knows what he is doing with youngsters.

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

People will always want “names” won’t they, a couple of guys come in that nobody has heard of and they think it unambitious, look at our friends from across the river, I have heard Gerrard’s name mentioned and even would you believe Wenger’s , they might be a little pee’d off if Hughton does rock up and they then find out who his right hand man is !!

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Reading about his backround in football i would have thought he was the perfect fit, has worked with Ben in the past, two years at Chelsea after being headhunted so he has been involved with some very good young talent there and Palace, knows James Daly so will help get the best out of him, Seems like a win win situation to me

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I think the issue here though is that in the main ‘The Jury’ is still very much out on “Ben” !

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We were riding high when Ben took over. Just as well really. He needs to make his vision and methods work pretty quickly after last season's nose dive, but I wish him and his new assistant all the best. I would like to see a more ruthless streak and winning mentality. It's a simple game and above all the players need clear heads and they need to enjoy playing, so if he tries to fill their heads with too much too quickly it probably won't work too well.

Quilllogic and Delsy like this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He would be the perfect fit for BG. BG wants to play a certain way, a way that Mesure knows. He wants a young talented side who can improve how to work with young talented players and get the best out of them. He already has a good working relationship with BG too. He will have contacts at Palace and Chelsea and going by some comments at Chelsea from those in the youth ranks, he will be extremely missed. He would also know about other potential bright stars from other clubs too who he would have faced and would have kept an eye on them too. Future looks bright. I don't see the big deal with both BG and Mesure not having managerial experience. They have enough experience between them to coach the players the right way and know how to motivate the players too. If they can get the players on side then I think we have a very interesting year ahead of us.

We are in a financially sound place. Not many teams can say this right now.
    We have a new training ground being built with pitches that will match the Mem's pitch, which is perfect.
    We just hired a well respected coach with a massive reputation in the game at youth level.
    We are putting the foundations in place to get a squad worthy of competing for a top 6 place.
    Players will want to come to us right now for all the above reasons.

old timer likes this.