1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Neutral point of view

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Be careful what you wish for. A debt free club with retained cash from a season in the Prem could be the trigger for Tan to sell. I'm not saying that would be good or bad, but you never know who would be coming in. Seeing some of the ****e owners getting involved recently, Tan could be as good as you'll ever get.

There's no doubt that staying in the Prem with a low spend ratio and modest player contract wages would enhance the value to potential purchasers, whilst going back to the Championship will heavily devalue the club even if debt free by then.

Not saying that getting all his money back would be the prime mover for Tan. I think he'd rather the see the club a success on the pitch than just ditch it. However, he may deem getting it debt free to be success and walk away being able to say he achieved it.

Odd situation and I doubt anyone other than Tan and maybe Dalman/Choo has any idea about the intentions - that includes Warnock as well.

2. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

I think for Tan, pride is the driving force. I don't believe he will sell for a loss.