1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Neil Simpson

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Psychosomatic, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Obvious? You’d think so, AP, but maybe you misunderestimate the galling depths of my inattention to detail. I’ve only just this minute realised that it’s the words “lost password” and not “lost passport” that form part of your name. Further investigations now lead me to believe that you are, in fact, Admiral Pure – the discovery of which bombshell solves a niggling mystery.

Now that you’ve predicted an Aberdeen home game attendance to within 28, by the way, I’m not going to be able to stop myself from trying to better this throughout the course of the season. I’ll offer 50 Euros CASH to anyone who can do better – or a £50 Amazon voucher (rising to 100 Euros CASH or a £100 Amazon voucher in the event that I should win my own challenge.) All predictions should be posted to the official Aberdeen matchday threads – if there are any – and the BBC record of attendance shall be taken as final. As things stand, you're set to become very rich - which hurts me.

And come back when you&#8217;ve beaten top footballing outfit Ross County (at home) yourselves, ya manky wee floating gloater. <grr>

Edit: Offer only applies to Aberdeen home games. Just to be clear.

Further edit: And just to be absolutely clear, the winner shall be the person who predicts the closest figure to an Aberdeen home game attendance throughout the course of the season and the PRIZE will not be awarded until the end of May. FFS. It&#8217;s tough running a competition.

2. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

It's my baw and if I can't play then no one can play.

3. Psychosomatic

That's about the level. In fact, that's exactly the level.

4. Go G YellowScreen

Go G YellowScreen Well-Known Member

It's a funny thing. Not funny ha ha, but funny in a kinda ironic way. Throughout the whole period of the old Ranger's administration and subsequent fall from grace many Celtic fans (and fans of other cubs) mocked them and even went as far to wish whey would go bust.

During this period we were repeatedly told by the Gers fans that we were "unable to see the bigger picture" of what an impact such a thing would have on Scottish football if Rangers were to go down the ****ter, for want of a better expression.

How ironic (not really but the word seems be changing in meaning these days) to see the same Rangers fans now wishing ill upon the rest of Scottish football, despite the long term impact it would have on their own club.

5. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

I think a few clubs, 2 at the very least, will go bust in the next 2 years.

6. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

I agree Trev and Newco looks like its going to be one of them.

So its "tatties" for a second time.

7. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

<laugh>

8. Psychosomatic

Nicely said, TSD, and I tend to agree and share your bemusement - although, as I'm something of an uptight saint, I've never once gloated about the demise of Rangers and have no plans to do so in the future. I'd very much like to see some people go to prison, however, and in an ideal world I'd also like to see every single penny given back to the creditors - no matter how long it takes. <ok>

I honestly can't remember a time in the past fifteen years when I've not felt something similar. My money has mostly been on Hearts. And I still reckon they look very dodgy.