1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Need 4 points but where from???

Discussion in 'Lincoln City' started by Dave Gratton, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Dave Gratton

Dave Gratton New Member

Tilson reckons we need 50 points for safety, I am not so sure, and to make matters worse, I can't see us getting anymore this season.

The only chance we have really are the home games against Cheltenham and Aldershot, win those and we will stay up. However, next two games Crewe and Bury, both look like drubbings, wouldn't be a shock to have after those two games 9 more goals added to our against column and 0 for.
    So I think it will go down to the wire, I am not optomistic, but realistic, I think we will end the season on 48 points but will that be enough??? Sadly I doubt it, Barnet will escape again, Burton can score so should be OK, which leaves us and Northampton......

2. AH

AH Active Member

Reckon we can win against Cheltenham, then steal a draw from either Oxford or Aldershot. Probably Aldershot as at home, might even steal a win if we're on form. Nothing against Bury most likely. So that's 4-6 points, should leave us enough to stay up.
    We'll be fine, it'll be between Barnet and Northampton. Reckon Barnet won't be so lucky this year to be honest.

3. Dave Gratton

Dave Gratton New Member

Could go to final game of the season this year, and probably will. Of the 3 that can now go down, we have the hardest task.

4. AH

AH Active Member

bugger bugger bugger, not a good game! good game for northampton though, between us and barnet! last game of the season it is then. nervy end to the campaign. just gotta hope barnet dont get the 3 points next week!!

luckily we've got aldershot next week, who've got nothing to play for. mid table, cant go up or down without a major goal swing.
    still got a bit of confidence left!

5. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

wouldnt want to swap places with you,absolutely terrorising last game for you and barnet,whoever dips to the bsp will find it very very hard to get out of now,good luck

6. Dave Gratton

Dave Gratton New Member

We've been down before and shot straight back up, but it is a damn sight harder now and we could potentially struggle, especially if half our players go.

I think we will draw on Saturday, unfortunately I think Barnet will win. They are a club who always seem to spawn in when things get tough.

Interestingly though the last game that Aldershot played at home before going out of exsistance was against........... Lincoln City!!! The omens do not look good :(