1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ndong

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Appeal turned down three match ban on safc.com

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Not surprised really, they don't like to overturn them and you don't go in for the ball like that if the ball's the only thing you're after. I'm sure he couldn't care less.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Sorry but that's rubbish. He played the ball and I saw worse challenges in every live game at the weekend. He was rubbish on Saturday mind but there's no way that was intentional. Too low to want to hurt someone (had he missed the ball he'd have hit the toe of the oppo player)

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I know you disagree you've already said, I think there was intent there beyond just getting the ball. I'd only give a yellow for it mind but I can see why they didn't rescind it.

5. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Me too. It's the whole "Stick up for the refs as they can't get anything wrong" debacle that is football!! (Not just talking about us here mind) Although what does piss me off is the "one rule for them" thing you see with the big clubs (Delle Alli's horrendous foul on De Bruyne for instance) I just don't see any intent on anything other than the ball from n'Dong

Sky showed a still of when he made contact with the ball - his leg was going nowhere near the player and only on the ball. Had the ball not been there he'd probably have missed everything or may have caught the lad's toe. I was a defender mind so I probably see tackles differently! If I'd had intent with a tackle like that playing pub football the boss would've slated me fore being a pussy!!!

6. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Broken metatarsal ? Bad tackle and authorities upheld the card. No problem except we are probably stuck with a want away for the rest of the season. Bad disruptive prescence in the camp.

7. red&white wanderer

Marcus its not that referees do no wrong just don't always get it right. They make human errors and give a wrong call occasixonally. It seems nearly all the time involving us mind :emoticon-0148-yes:
    EDIT the var incident at Chelsea was still dubious

8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Coleman said he's been nothing but professional.

9. red&white wanderer

Yes fair does but imo based on his international behaviour he will have a negative effect in the squad as he wants away - re
    Ember we have a lot of young inexperienced players. This is my view Coleman may have said that to try and keep him focused. No problems though as we all have different views but a common focus of success for Sunderland AFC :emoticon-0148-yes: