1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

National Jim White Day

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 9, 2018.

1. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

If the two new strikers can actually get some goals and if whoever comes in for Lejuene is organised, pacy and tidy then I think we'll be okay. We could be doing so much more, though. Any key injuries and we'll not fair well, though, I reckon.

As much money as other teams may have spent, I have never heard of any of them and we'll see in time how good they are. I'll bet half of them turn out to be mediocre at best. Rafa will only buy professionals and grafters and that's half the battle.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Morning lads.
    Have we signed anyone yet?

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

How it looked for me was the business we did was essential and necessary, mostly quite good and to the benefit of the squad. However there should have been around £60m more spent upgrading the AM, LB and CF positions. That’s the difference in Ashley’s club and everyone else.

It’s a real shame in many respects as it was so achievable. We could have pushed on and signed Plea or Jose, we could have gone in for Vlasic or Praet, we could have got N’Soki or Jorge. No complaints, new Rafa agreement and a whole load of optimism for the season ahead.

The most frustrating aspect is that this isn’t pie in the sky; we had the money. But what’s done is done, so good luck for the season and let’s hope this means the end of Ashley/Charnley/Barnes is sooner rather than later.

4. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

No but we're 1 day closer to Ashleys death so it isn't a terrible day.

JakartaToon and J. J. McClure like this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

People think this but imagine probate on a football club all that he owns. My neighbours house has been left for 7 months so far as probate hasn't been completed.