1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

National Jim White Day

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I'm off to bed post nightshift. Fully expect to wake up to Lascelles departure

3. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

this broadcast / thread will now close down

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

For the Newcastle board this thread should just be called Thursday.

5. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Jim White has disappeared up his own arse and believes his own hype.

I find him incredibly annoying on SSN and cannot listen to him at all on TalkSport.

6. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Purple dildos at the ready<laugh>

J. J. McClure likes this.
  7. Lord Jonjomort

This.

He really is a **** broadcaster. Repetitive, inane, hides his lack of intelligence behind false enthusiasm. Him and Adrian Durham.

Actually don't mind Hawksby and Jacobs, but the rest of that station is a pander-to-the-masses radio version of The Sun.

8. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I like Alan Brazil, Goughy, Hawksby and Jacobs and a couple of others. Durham is a total prick!

But back on topic, we won't be signing anyone today and I am at work till 4.30pm so I will hardly be wasting my time.

GG

9. Lord Jonjomort

Barnes/Ashley will be absent, Charnley will spend the whole day trying to arrange a work permit for Santos, before failing as the lad has 2 U-23 caps to his name. He will then "forget" that it's a 5pm, rather than 11pm, deadline before lodging a loan bid for Fernandez of Swansea at 8pm.

If we get to Xmas with no sign of a buyer, then this is going to be the most baffling transfer window possibly ever. Barely competing with Cardiff? Nobody gets it.

10. Prince Isak (GG)

It is truly a baffling window and I have hled off to much criticism until the window closes.

I hold my breathe but we are no stronger than we where last season. Freedor has gone very quiet of late...........

Has he gone on holiday?

Rafa must be so frustrated!

11. Lord Jonjomort

Freedor? Nah, Pouchy returned to form a week ago.

At best we're looking at Marlon and Fernandez. If they're Rafa choices, no problem - neither are necessarily 'bad' players and are effectively backup. I just think Rafa is as bewildered as the rest of us - he's clearly being told nothing either.

We're on the tightest of tight budgets, for one of two reasons - 1) to mitigate against any potential future relegation. After all, we are likely to go down sooner rather than later, Ashley has already made sure of that twice, and he doesn't want to "loan" himself any more money. 2) we are trying to reduce loan/increase cash to get near the valuation of the club he wants. Perhaps conversations have been "well, how can we offer £300m, there's no cash reserve?" so he has adjusted accordingly.

Both scenarios have seen him bring in austerity king Barnes to make sure the numbers stack up and to be the abrasive bastard necessary to say "no" consistently. Barnes doesn't get football finance, and neither does Charnley, so the notion of clever accounting on agents' fees, scheduled repayments, etc., that the likes of Fulham are doing (they have committed to about £90m, but only actually spent 1/3 of that amount this Summer) simply doesn't occur. They don't get it. Barnes knows how to do EBITDA for sports shops, at Ashleys request. Charnley counts his lucky stars he's the MD of anything on a daily basis. Hence we see a move for someone like Tagliafico as costing us around £16m, when another club would work out how it would cost - THIS season - around £4m. Ashley looks at everything as asset/liability, period. He doesn't take seasons and future forecasting into effect.

Don't get me wrong, it can be done really badly as per Leeds or Portsmouth. Even the likes of West Ham are banking on remaining in the division and a collapse would be disastrous. But we just don't give ourselves the best chance of survival. Once Benitez leaves it's a lottery as to who'll step into this mess, but if Ashley's in charge it won't be good.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Ive got a bag of purple dildos and am going down to SJP to onload on David Craig later on.

It’s a rapid fire purple dildo assault.

cronemeister likes this.
  13. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

There will be no last minute signings ............................. Charnley has reservations at the eat all you like Chinese buffet at 4pm.

He settles in for the back shift then waddles back across the road to collect his car about 9 o'clock. Full as **** and it's only cost him 7 quid .................... now that's pound for pound best value in his beady little eyes.

14. Prince Isak (GG)

We appear to have connected brains!

Wouldn't it be nice if we actually did sign some players today and we both have to eat humble pie. Honestly if I was mildly surprised by 5pm I would actually come on here and say "OK hes putting his money where his mouth is we are actually making a good go of it"!

But I have hindsight, 11 years of it as well, and I know that it won't happen.

Imagine the toxic atmosphere if come 6-8 games in and we have lost all them opening games (which I dare say we might given the hard start we have) and we are bottom of the league. My prediction (and I hope I am wrong) is that we will be bottom come 20 October against Brighton!

15. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Heard we are signing Bastian Schweinsteiger.........................................................................

16. Prince Isak (GG)

Kevin let it go..... it’s years ago since we sold Milner with promises..........

17. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

But..... but..... Dennis promised :emoticon-0183-swear

18. Lord Jonjomort

As I've said, the Geordie vitriol and media probing are unsettling him. If SD had still been private, he wouldn't give a toss. But his "wallpaper" loses value with consistently bad press and he doesn't like that one bit. SD haven't posted to Twitter in three weeks, Keith Bishops Agency has also stopped and there's now active campaigns arranged outside his shop. If it continues, he may be forced to reduce the price and sell. I disagree that this has a negative impact on interest in the club - if anything, it gives any potential owner the chance to come in like a White Knight.

So in a way we actually need today to be another pile of crap, keep momentum going against the fat clown - and I'm pretty confident that in matters of failure, Mike, Justin and Lee will never let us down. I expect us to fail to sign - on loan - Marlon Santos.

However, as is tradition, I'll still be utterly furious @ 5:05pm.

19. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Anyone else puzzled by the links? Some papers report only attacking players and some only reporting defensive players?

20. Prince Isak (GG)

He did but he offered 5 million parns and Bayern just laughed at the midget!

Did you read Super Macs book by any chance?