1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic N.H.E. (North Hull Estate)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Trau Morgus, Sep 5, 2017.

1. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Are we including Beeford Grove in NHE or is it just the streets with numbers?

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

What numbers are Greenwood and Ellerburn? I know what you mean about Beeford though.

3. balkan tiger

Ah ye clever ****. York road, Cranbrook Ave <ok>

DMD likes this.
  4. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I got knocked down on Inglemire when I was seven. No real harm done but I do recall being a little bit upset for a while.

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Dingley Close. Green close. Skipwith close. Riccal close. Give your head a shake Balkan.

Though fighting with the I Pad to accept those names nearly wasn't worth it

6. balkan tiger

Elvington close

7. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Madison Park by the Shake-Shack café eyeing the girls from the near-by offices out at lunch with a view across to the ornate beauty of the Flat-Iron building.

Beeford Grove, spent a few hours with my eye on the street, looking out for toe-rags and chavs....

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. The B&S Fanclub

Newbald, Etton, Beeford and Langtoft were classed as NHE back in the day..Whereas the houses on the other side of Inglemire weren't or were they?
    .....Stewards enquiry.....

9. The B&S Fanclub

A school mate from Hall Road then Welton used to live in the 'Spotted Dog' boozer ...Kid called Gary Thames.....decent goalkeeper in his time...

10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Trevor Porteous off NHE who played for City and Stockport in the early 60's ?
    Also the McCunnell brothers, Barry and Mike ? both on City's books as juniors and one went onto play for Scarbourgh ? Said to have kept a monkey in their garden shed but I never actually saw it.
    Johhny Heywood, promising young footballer who went down with The Gaul with his mate Brian Dudding. Both ex-Endike lads.
    Mike Stainton, who came home from sea, went on the piss, then came home and froze to death sat on the outside toilet in the depths of winter. Never reached his 25th birthday.
    John Beaumont and his 'lassie dog' ? went from nowt to be a radio operator on the rigs and later a property developer.
    The Lee family especially the brothers, all massive City fans, who owned Cavalier club, and Pint and Pot for a bit ( under a different name in those days)
    Drurys bakery on Endike ? Hot cakes in the morning. Son Kev, was a good goal keeper in his day. I think he went on to play for Hall Road.
    I was part of a gang from NHE who ventured into West Hull one Friday night to a disco at Setting Dyke School, skinhead days, I say gang, there were about six of us. Youngest of who ( the lad who froze to death on the outside toilet's younger brother) got jumped down a dark alley and had his skull fractured by a concrete slab. One member of the gang who jumped him came to an unfortunate accident in the Indian Ocean a few years later and was eaten alive. It made a couple of paragraphs in the HDM at the bottom of page 30 odd next to the lost budgies and rooms to let.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Chazz Rheinhold likes this.

11. The B&S Fanclub

A guy called Mike Barry lived on Langtoft at the Endike Lane end...Played for City Boys, then turned pro for Huddersfield Town and had a decent career at Bristol Rovers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Barry_(footballer)

12. balkan tiger

They were classed as NHE by those who lived there who didn't want to be called part of Quadrant,

South of Endike not NHE. Northern border would be orchard park rd / hall road. The sides are less clear cut.

13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

That's a blast from the past. I do remember him. Another one was Gerry Ingram who's older brother ran Lord Nelson. Gerry played for Blackpool and PNE and scored loads of goals. Used to watch him on a Sunday morning playing for Victoria on Princes Elizabeth. Every pitch was taken in those days, about eight football pitches and one rugby with never any one on it.

14. The B&S Fanclub

Quaddie....Geez...it was a dog rough in the early 70's!!!!!.....The Morton's....Gordon led a group of about 2 dozen City head-bangers into the home end at Norwich (Third round FA Cup tie in 70 or 71) and chased them out of the ground...Rum lad was Gordon, probably still inside or not with us!!

15. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I lived down Dingley when I was a nipper.

16. The B&S Fanclub

Didn't Gerry play for Brunswick Rangers on the pitch on Holderness Road just down from KR's old ground...I recall him playing for Blackpool at BP and also turning out for Preston. Beat us both times...Ba$tard...

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

Gerry lived down dingley. In fact I think he still does. Came home after living in LA for thirty years and moved back into his mams house.

18. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I was reading a book about the area. Crazy to think Quaddy was once considered "luxury housing" around the time of the World War. It quickly 'roughened'. Here's some photos from the book:
    IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

19. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Cortez91 likes this.
  20. Chazz Rheinhold