1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Myrie Williams

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Jan 18, 2012.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Must be a good player, a lot of clubs after him.

3. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

he's also been at alot of clubs in his short career as well!

would still rather we try and sign Jermaine McGlashan...though it will cost money for him!

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Just have to see who we can get, hopefully someone with a bit of pace.

5. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Do we actually NEED a replacement for Rooney?

I'd prefer to see the left side of the defence being strengthened up a bit.

6. jayGills74

jayGills74 Active Member

no we dont need a replacement for Rooney because he was never a regular 1st team player! We dont know the exact fee received but to get a decent amount of money for an impact sub is good business for us i believe! He showed touches of brilliance but that was it, he was more often a red card waiting to happen! UTG

7. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Myrie-Williams seemed to start off with a promising career but has since plundered around the lower leagues and the Scottish Prem and never really got settled. I think we don't need a replacement for Rooney as such when it comes to personnel, but we certainly do need width in our ranks and with problems in my eyes at both full back positions (never really replaced Fuller and I don't have a lot of confidence in Martin) we need support from wide midfielders. With the likes of Lee and Weston playing there in an unnatural role, it can only really hinder us.

8. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

as i've stated and has been stated by others previously, myrie-williams has travelled the length and breath of britain but for whatever reason has not managed to settle anywhere...which is a worry...especially when only 23 years of age!

the player himself has stated that previous managers have had words with him about not tracking back for the side, which for us is no different to how rooney was, we need a team of players that are willing to defend on a whole togeather from the front!
    he's a player who does not rate his own heading ability and though he's left/right footed, mainly left, allowing him to play both flanks, he prefers the right wing and to cut inside and have a shot.

think it's safe to say it's better trying for someone who would want to attack the wing... rather than over run the middle of our midfield!

just of note colchester & bradford fc have informed stevenage to the interest of myrie-williams, though nothing doing yet because stevenage have no manager in place!

i say again.....Jermaine McGlashan is our man!!! <ok>