1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My view on drivers!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by di Fredsta!, May 31, 2011.

1. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

(Please dont fill this thread up with off topic rubbish - If you wish put your views on drivers too.) :emoticon-0150-hands

I will start with a fairly weird man named Vitaly. He even has a big head!!

Vitaly Petrov
    Stats:
    Wins; 0
    Poles; 0
    Podiums; 1 :cheesy:
    WDC's; 0
    Debut year; 2010

Vitaly "Italy" Petrov to me is a man. (obviously) Who when he needs to is very quick. People say he is a crasher, but look at who his team mates have been, Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld. Robert Kubica is tipped as being one of the best drivers in this era who barely ever makes mistakes. Last year, he may have been considerably beaten by Robert. Well, actually by the most points by a team mate in the history of the sport, only one ahead of Alonso - Massa 2010. But he has his glimpses of doing well.
    All of the weekend of Hungary, he was faster than Kubica. And most of Abu Dhabi too where he famously gifted Sebastian Vettel the world championship.

This year he started of with a podium, once again holding Fernando Alonso behind him. Heidfeld is now his team mate who himself got a podium in Malaysia showing Renault's potential. "Quick" Nick Heidfeld, has beateen Kubica as team mates twice too.

Although Vitaly does crash alot, even earning himself the name "The Rudderless Russian" I think it is because he is trying to prove to everyone he can be world class against a world class team mate. He may not be a world champion in waiting, but in the right situation, he might make the most of it. Ala Button. In my opinion, he was the best rookie of 2010. Even though many people believe it was Hulkenberg.

I can see him winning races by the end of his career, but can I see him winning the championship? Not yet. I think his career will go similar to Montoya's, very quick driver but often makes mistakes. Although he wouldnt mind if his head gets "****ing Broken" ad I think he will last longer than 5 full seasons.

Thanks for reading :smiley-finger007:
    From a man who likes Vitaly "Italy" Petrov!

2. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

For a moment there, Fred, I thought you were going to tell us his hat size.

I like Petrov, too. He seemed to have improved significantly early this season but that was from a fairly low baseline (last season). At the moment he gets caught up in too many problems or is making too many mistakes, and that's not a big improvement over last season.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

far more promising 'newcomers' on the grid, Kobayashi, DiResta & Perez to name 3, even buemi lately has shown he deserves his drive.

4. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Petrov is a good solid driver and fully deserves his place on the grid: reliable and consistent, and getting ever faster. If Kubiça were to suddenly reappear now, he'd find quite a different challenge…

5. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Thats a good synopsis of Petrov. I think he will last in F1 but wont be anymore than a Trulli/Frentzen kind of driver. He is a good base for future Russian drivers too

6. random92

random92 Member

It's already happening. There are several Russians in GP2, GP3, and lower British series