1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My sympathies

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Cockney Eyetie, May 23, 2012.

1. Cockney Eyetie

Very sad that 2 travesties happened last Saturday night. Not only did that vile club become the worst team ever to win the biggest club prize, but you lot being denied a deserved shot at the CL as well.

I've not read any of the posts on here, but if my mate at work is anything to go by, you must be raging. I do believe in karma, so hopefully they'll get their pain soon.

Look forward to our games <ale>

2. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Member

I was raging, yes!

Looking forward to our derbies too, hopefully we do better than 2 years ago..

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Cheers mate! No, none of us was too pleased. And the way they won it!! Well, as has been pointed out, Man City won the Prem, and The Chavs won both the CL and FA cups. There seems to be a connection there somewhere. Let me see....I know, I've got it...obscene amounts of money!!!..

4. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

i,m still raging,that a ****e team finishing 6th in the league,get's in by fluking a win,and dumps another team out who got there over a38 game season

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Typical Spurs luck to be honest.

Absolutely gutted, it infuriated me even more at the fact that they just did not deserve the win and by seeing negative football lift the most glorious cup in Europe... Just sh*ts in the face of the beautiful game.

On a brighter note, I too am buzzing to face you guys next season, can't beat local derbies.

6. Cockney Eyetie

Yep, but i'm gonna miss not beating the pikeys !

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

6 London teams next season.
    Should be interesting.

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Quite likely there will be only four the season after that...

9. Cockney Eyetie

Which 2 do you think will drop?

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Arsenal and Chelsea, hopefully. <laugh>

11. Cockney Eyetie

Lol, would suit me

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

a much needed 6 points...welcome to the PL.

joking....however we have so many derbies...and derbies always have an added incentive. and probably mke it harder for us to get 3 points...then again Norwich even beat us.

13. Cockney Eyetie

Cheers, yeah we don't tend to do very well in the derbies but i have more hope for this season. Can't remember the last time we played QPR.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

QPR,yourselves....Southampton....mixed with the usual suspects...the league next year has a early 90's feel aout it...when i was growing up...and all you boys were in the new PL.

i look forward to it...and despite the setback over the weekend...i kind of got over that quickly and i feel as though next year will be another epic full of ups ups and some embarrasing downs...lots of maths and millions of 'ifs' and 'buts'...not to mention the obvious factions that will form between yourselves,us and chelsea and arsenal fans on not606...depending on our performances...on the one hand i cant wait on the other hand i dread getting bombarded from all angles on not 606<laugh>

15. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

QPR won't kick on next season and be cuked into another dogfight (and I expect Hughes to flounce out when the going gets tough), and West Ham may go straight back down considering Rob Green is out of contract this summer and they;ve alerted other clubs to their financial situation when Sullivan blabbed that getting promoted has left them £14m worse off in bonuses and deferred wages.

16. Cockney Eyetie

Sullivan is not as daft as he looks. On the one hand you've got the media touting that promotion is now worth 90m, so Sully still pleads poverty so that clubs don't try to rip us off with silly transfer fees.
    We need 4 or 5 PL quality players and with Fat Sam, i think we'll be fine. He's got us very organised and tough to beat.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

You'll have to defend a lot better than you did in the first few minutes against Blackpool, or you won't be around very long.

18. Cockney Eyetie

Agreed, but that was one game. Our defence improved massively over the course of the season.