1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Musings on the future

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Billy Gilmour has just been added to the First team, and what a great call by Frank. Very impressive young man, small like the other Billy from Scotland, Billy Bremner, clever and tough, and already showing he's up for this PL lark. Conner Gallagher looks the business, as does Mark Guehri, Ian Maatsen and a particular favourite of mine, Ethan "Fuzzy " Ampadu, though fuzzy no more.Plus there are more that I am not up with. Those players mentioned cover defensive mid, left back, CD, attacking mid and Ampadu can play back 4 or mid. Quite an array of talent and no doubt some will come through next season.
    Puts us in a nice place for the next couple of years, fabulous youngsters as subs for the top 11, who rarely let us down and get better every game. We still need those two or three extra special players we lack without Hazard, especially up front and left back, and the defence needs stabilising, but surely that's a whole lot better than buying 5 or 6 players every year?

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Do you like Ziyech?

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

The new signing we are making looks like the right direction. Young, hungry and supremely talented. For those that are somewhat resting on their laurels at the moment, it should see them improve considerably. Sancho on the other wing and all of a sudden that’s a pretty fierce midfield.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Ziyech is a great deal at 38M. Is there a clause in his contract? Surprised he’s that cheap.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Well I certainly liked what I saw against Ajax, he looks composed, clever and quick, and the type of player who would fit well with the style of play Frank seems to be after. The price seems right, which is no doubt why more than a few Clubs are interested. He was apparently rated in the top 20 CL players last season ,which I didn't know, so plenty to like.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Especially with a fit and well RLC !!

7. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

not sure 27 is "young" tbh.

BobbyD and The Ginger Marks like this.
  8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, shame he is so injury prone. He would give us the goal power we lack

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

True. He's nearing his peak.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Fingers crossed he comes back strong. There has to be more goals in CHO, Pulisic and Willian plus Tammy, surely? And Mount for that matter. It's like watching a golfer who hits the greens from 300 meters and misses the two foot putt. A lot of it is down to trying too hard, fear of missing and /or over complication.There is a lot of pressure and so far they are not handling it quite right. A bit more experience might well see a change in fortunes ,so they need to just keep going and turn it around.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes agree. Mount and Pulisic can and will score more.

Abraham has had a fantastic return for his first season. I hoped he would score 15 Prem goals max but thought it would be more like 10 tbh, and he is close to 15 already.

Didier scored 12 in his first season plus one in CL, one in FA Cup.

Tammy already scored 13 in Prem and two in CL. In a side not as good

Naas Blue likes this.
  12. Chelsea Pensioner

All true, but Drogba was in his "learning" season in a new league and country. I thought Tammy might get 20 but he's obviously finding defenders in the PL a tough call, plus he's not in sync with his too often different midfield providers. He's also suffering from expectation and being thrust in at the sharp end. He's doing well, but also looks all over the place at times. Next season should be his time, pity we didn't get in someone to take the pressure down and put away a few of the chances Tammy has missed.

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Really? I think everyone is pleased with his progress. I don't think he is finding defenders a tough call and has done very well against them, and gets in scoring positions most games.

Also Dids only got 13 in his second season too

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. Chelsea Pensioner

Oh well we all see things differently. I also think he's doing well, but too often is missing that killer touch. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but he looks just that little bit off song to me. That said, he's not the only one, and there is no doubt it's quite possible it will click for them any time soon.They are all giving everything no doubt. I take your point about Drogba, it nearly always takes time for players from foreign or lower leagues to adapt to PL, and these kids of Franks are no different. I'm looking for them to get stuck into Utd from the off, and with the bit of rest they've had, I'll be surprised if they don't.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020