1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MUFC 4 Chelsea 0

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Jose also said on Sky Sports that Frank should have started Kante and others even though they’re carrying injuries. It could be that Frank was saving key players for the Super Cup on Wednesday.

2. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Honestly?.....i didn't think anyone was interested in the supercup,unless thats just me<laugh>

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Spot on, though I don't think anyone was giving Frank a hard time, only the mug commentators. It was a bugger of a draw 1st game, but it did point out our major problems at this early stage, defence, and surprise surprise, striker, and finally who to play in midfield, and where to play them. Barkley should never be let near the sideline again, he looks loads better when he's more central. Then Kante should always be in front of back 4.Obviously when injured players return Frank has more experience/choice. Meantime, lets see which of these kids adapts more quickly. They all showed enough to keep faith with them except maybe Zouma, but need a couple of more run outs together to make sure. It was never going to be easy, but plenty to like.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Mount was the most impressive of the youth players I feel,
    He could be a big player

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Agree, thought he had a decent game and is definitely useful if we continue to press high up the pitch. He reminds me of Oscar a bit, which isn’t such a bad thing.