1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mr Chairman

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Sep 12, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

This was the league table on the 12th October 2013, when the only man to win us a title in nearly 50 years departed the club...

16 Gillingham11-69
    17 Crewe11-159
    18 Oldham10-38
    19 Stevenage11-108
    20 Coventry1057

21 Notts County10-67
    22 Bristol City10-66
    23 Sheff Utd10-105
    24 Tranmere10-125
    You will note we were 16th in the league after winning the League Two title the season before.

Now let's look at the table tonight...

20 Wimbledon7-45

21 Oldham7-64
    22 Bury7-64
    23 Plymouth7-74
    24 Gillingham7-63
    3 points and stone rock bottom and only four games and one month away from the same period of time that Martin Allen was given to adapt.

However, by my calculations that actually only gives AP until 30th September and these four games;

Saturday 16th September

LEAGUE ONE

• Gillingham15:00Charlton Athletic
    Saturday 23rd September

LEAGUE ONE

• Rochdale15:00Gillingham
    Tuesday 26th September

LEAGUE ONE

• Gillingham19:45Scunthorpe United
    Saturday 30th September

LEAGUE ONE

• Blackburn Rovers15:00Gillingham

I believe in consistency and fairness, the task is set to achieve MORE than six points out of those four games, so i expect two wins and one draw, if not then i expect AP to be SACKED!

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

And looking at the 15th of September 2013 after 7 league games.
    ......................... W D L GD P
    23. Gillingham 0 3 4 -7 3

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

you'd be better expecting two falls, one submission and a knock out ! ( which nearly happened in the first few minutes last night )

grumpygit likes this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Looking at those games, Rochdale are the only team I think we can hope for any points against under the current regime. From the sounds of it the players were better last night BUT AFC Wimbledon did hit the bar and have a goal disallowed in the closing minutes so we've also got away with one. Think we can count ourselves lucky really that Cody wasn't ever much of an impact sub otherwise who knows what the score could have been.

grumpygit likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

At the current moment in time Ade is ahead of MA by 1 goal (-6 compared to -7) points are equal at 3 apiece, Ade is also ahead with a win in the league trophy, MA's side lost to Leyton Orient. Can we count the knockout decision from last night, they do count it in boxing.
    4 games left and it's game on, positive vibes everyone the season starts here. :1980_boogie_down:

6. brb

brb CR250

grumpygit let me help you out, you really are struggling with basic arithmetic these days, it's an age thing I know, Scally has the same problem <laugh>

Ade may be ahead of MA by 1 goal, that is correct, kudos for noticing that, however, you overlooked the minor fact that MA was one place....yes a whole place higher than AP at this stage, so in technical terms that is as good has a point, not a goal! So that's like the judges giving MA a point in the ring while AP only managed a glancing blow, well not even a blow to be honest, more a wet flannel.

Of course my judgement was made and based at the precise moment when MA was dismissed, oops left the club. That was Shrewsbury, me and alwaysright spotted someone in a Scally disguise that very day, we were misguided in thoughts he had gone to see the ground haha.

Then you proceeded to overlook the mathematical formula, MA should have been given way more ground as a LEAGUE CHAMPION MANAGER.

ITS A KNOCK-OUT

MADDOG RULES, HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION. AP IS OUT FOR THE COUNT! SCALLY HAS LOST THE PLOT AND AP WILL BE GONE IN FOUR GAMES OR I EXPLODE <whistle>

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Leaving aside the two sides record and performance, was MA's early departure mainly due to the fact he was much less subservient than AP ?

8. brb

brb CR250

An unknown but maybe. And this may be the reason i'm seeing my views change towards our Chairman. It's not about being bottom of the league or whether we are playing league one or two football, it's not even about the young glory hunter dreams of higher league football.

This is about what i see as decisions that firmly rest with the owner, the boss, the chairman...Mr Scally. I suppose scratch my surface and you will find i never ever forgave him for maddog's departure. And now we are left four years on with a pile of crap. Four whole years of going from bad to worse after our Championship title.

Anyhow one piece of good news to share, Dover lost last night knocking them off the top of the National League, because there is ready for another horrible past getting ready to come back to haunt us.

9. The Gills PegLeg

Ah but you were also happy that Mad Dog was leaving because it meant the kids could finally get a chance <cheers>

10. Gills_Steve

Gills_Steve Active Member

Haha good point, PegLeg!

It hasn't been ALL doom & gloom since 2013 - we had a glorious 2015 with the Gang of Four steering us clear of relegation trouble, and then Edinburgh starting very well and taking us to top of the league in December 2015. If memory serves correct, we were the top goalscorers in the whole of the football league in 2015! How times change...

11. alwaysright

Gills_Steve - of course it's not all doom & gloom.
    I've got a mother with serious dimentia.My father-in-law is worse. I am being regularly phoned at 6am by mother - complaining of a headache -- but has not taken her paracetamol tablets for that time of the day - expects me to do a 100 mile journey to 'administer' them ! ( this is a small sample of my daily misery ) - I used to look forward to match for light relief - now I think that will only come with a slit throat....... Happy Days..... Keep taking the pills - ALL of them

12. brb

brb CR250

Absolutely lads, and i would not disagree with your comments. To which I hasten to add I was never critical of the gang of four and always praised JE's early performances and for taking us to the top of the league, so much so I commented that I saw one of the best performances ever under JE in all the years I have been a Gills supporter.

So back to my comments in this thread, they are purely based on MA versus AP a like for like comparison. To which I have debated in the fairness of showing consistency on that same like for like basis that AP has until the 30th September.

I've commented that we have got worse and on reading both your comments not something either of you have denied ie since MA, Go4 and JE we have gone from winning a League Two title to the position we are in today, although I accept from bad to worse was a misuse of wording.

On the other matter of youngsters, it is clearly noted on this site my disappointment towards MadDog in not using the youngsters, something that Hessy did before the Go4 to great affect v Rotherham.

However, I do stand by my comments on the basis of which they were made, yes times have changed and at the moment I feel my comments towards Scally and AP are harsh but also fair. As pegleg will point out, I'm often wrong, namely Martin and Cody but i say as i see at a particular time and at this moment in time I honestly believe Mr Scally has a lot of pondering to do over decisions past and present, I'm sure he will also disagree, well I'll buy you both a pint if he don't...

That's one beer change that is safely staying in my pocket <laugh>

Just be glad I haven't started on Taylor yet, but that wheel will turn full circle and none of us need a crystal ball for the next appointment! Shall i prepare his thread now in how it will pan out. <whistle>

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  13. The Gills PegLeg

14. alwaysright

Just how low can Scally get ? The report claims that Scally has, in effect. stolen money from the charity ( in lieu of what he thinks he is owed for the use of the Club's facilities. ) -- I'd like to hear Scally deny this claim.
    If he cannot dispute the allegation, he should hang his head in shame. He may think that GFC should receive more reimbursement from the charity for their use of our brand, -- but the whole point of giving to a charity is that you do not receive any financial reward !
    If the allegations from the charity are true, I can only conclude that Scally is desperate to look for ways in which he is able to continue to take money from anyone stupid enough to waste it on GFC......................... what do they say ? charity begins at home !

15. brb

brb CR250

The last sentence but one in section 2 of the final questions and answers, enters me into thoughts personally of great concern.

I don't believe any individual should be solely transferring the money back from a charity, even more so without other trustees approval - is that even possible and if it is then does that money not become subjected to tax depending how it was initially deposited?

I thought charities were subject to stringent checks in England & Wales to avoid money laundering and surely they cannot be used to retrieve monies on a sole basis in a dispute.

Something is not reading right about the claims made and if they are true have they been reported officially to the banking bodies, i'm sure you would need or have a written in agreement of requiring a second signatory, unless i've misinterpreted what's been claimed.

If there is any truth in this story, surely that has to be a failing of the charity bodies rather than alleged sole individual actions, for not having satisfactory safety nets in place.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  16. brb

brb CR250

Oops brb true to form...

Gills 1-0 Charlton <laugh>

As we were troops as we were <whistle>