1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mr Bates Response

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Pags, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Pags

Pags Well-Known Member

2. I love Leeds United

Ken Bates = delusional ****. If he thinks the majority of fans support him then he is badly mistaken. Bates out!

3. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

it's just so blatantly obvious that he's doing some dirty dealing somewhere. He hasn't lent money to build a hotel or any of his other pointless projects, he's used the profits of the club. It's costing £7 mill to improve the east stand, money we most certainly should have been able to afford.

He can sugar coat it and argue till he's blue in the face but it doesn't make any difference to the fact that he's not provided transfer funds. We have the money, we know we do. We have plenty of money, but where the **** is it?

If he's using loans to build his stupid projects, why the **** hasn't our money in the bank been invested in the team?

He's just such a ****ing idiot.

4. Mugsey

Mugsey Member

he is ripening the club to be sold once we don't have to meet any repayments for winning promotion, he would have been better served buying back thorp Arch & ER if he were serious about it the twat

5. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

'Some people don't know what they're protesting about'.

What a load of bull ****. This is typical Bates. He avoids all uncomfortable questions by saying something like this. Remember when the Guardian printed that article asking about all the ownership stuff (questions that everyone wanted to know the answers to) and he replied that the journalist was an 'international enemy of Leeds United'. People want to know why we haven't improved the team enough to get promoted, why we are spending money on the stadium when the squad is clearly not good enough etc.

He can say all he wants about our squad being good with us keeping our best players, but it's not going to fool anyone. It's obvious to everyone that the team needed some additions in defence, and O'Dea on loan doesn't really cut it.

The people that avoid questions are the ones who have something to hide, that's why I don't trust anything this prick says.

6. Pags

Pags Well-Known Member

David Conn I believe you are referring to. I once got a response back on Twitter from him about Bates <laugh>

7. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

So hes taken a loan out to do the stand... costing 7 mill... That simply puts us back in debt doesnt it??

So we have no money, as bates as basically said banks wont loan us money for players....ergh duh! were a football club.. what ****ing else are we gonna ask money for!

8. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Technically it would put the club back into debt, but like many businesses the debt is not taken as the value of the business is used to monitor the actual cost, for example many entrepreneurs have debts of £160m to the banks, but the value of their business is £250m, hence the debt is manageable and actually will give the company a profit.
    My guess is Bates is playing this game, and probably reckons the work he has used Leeds United FC money on, will have a massive value in the future. The percentage of bank loans would be of interest, I would imagine they would be very high in this current economic climate, so a £7m loan, could end up being a £12.5m loan, once you add the interest and payment costs.
    What Leeds United FC need to make sure is that Bates doesn't get the legal papers to state that HE owns the section of East Stand and anything he has project managed on it, otherwise he will hold the club to ransom for as long as he wishes.

9. Mugsey

Mugsey Member

v true he is a shrewd bollix ie a con man and is liable to do anything once it is in his own interest

10. jasonwilcoxsrightfoot

jasonwilcoxsrightfoot Active Member

The man is an embarrassment to Leeds United. I couldn't believe his comments about the Chinese Olympic team coming to the city - not only offensive but not very clever when you think of the number of football fans in China itself. He maintains a reputation for being a great businessman and yet left Chelsea on the verge of bankrupcy. I have a real fear that when he pops his clogs they'll be a nasty surprise waiting for us in our accounts.

11. bigfatboab

There is and some people are trying to block his next moves, which is why he has responded the way he has, he is not a happy man.

12. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

I think the walls will come in on Mr Bates in the next few months...

who knows maybe we may have new owners sooner than we think .....

13. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Is there any development on that board unrest stuff?

14. bigfatboab

Nothing as yet, there has been a closure of information from ER over the last few days, perhaps due to this issue. All other parties have been verbally warned about the information they pass on to various media formats. My own guess is that the story is accurate and that behind the scenes, Bates is trying to keep control and the others are trying to find ways of getting rid of him.

15. MarkoLUFC

With any luck Bates will be chucked out and the new owners will come in quite smoothly. Grayson seems like the sort of man who'll just get on with it while the board sort out their stuff, so as long as he doesn't get sacked in an act of spitefulness by Bates, we should be ok.

16. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Does anyone know what's happening with the inquiry about his takeover?

17. MarkoLUFC

The BBC are dealing with I believe. Isn't it the subject of a Panorama?

18. bigfatboab

Not Panorama, a BBC North programme that looks at serious issues.

19. MarkoLUFC

I would like to see it soon. Any ETA?

20. bigfatboab

Not as yet. Bates has stated that the programme producer and reporter have an agenda against him and Leeds Utd FC, hence he has no concerns over it. He also stated and I know this has not gone down well with the Football League, that they were asked to contribute to the programme and declined, due to the lack of evidence from the programme. The fact is the Football Association & Football League could not take part in the programme as they will be legally responsible for how they deal with Bates and Leeds Utd, therefore they could not appear to have any opinion on Bates, Leeds Utd , BBC or the people making the programme. Bates media manipulation as usual, but this time it will fail.