1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mouser Watch #2

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, May 26, 2012.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I've long suspected that a large percentage of people that earn their money from the game don't understand the laws of the game............it's a higher percentage than I could ever have imagined.

remembercolinlee and Diego like this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's worse than that. They disagree with the rules, then blame the officials for enforcing them.
    The Mane decision just put that into a very bright spotlight.

High foot, straight leg, studs up, going 100mph and he hits the keeper in the face. It's just a blatant red.
    The same tackle on the ankle, knee or thigh of a defender and he'd have gone, no question.
    What do some ex-players think? "Well, if he'd have got there first, then it would've been ok, so it should still be ok." What?
    What annoys me is that all of the same players would've hounded the ref into the ground if they'd have still been playing and it was their keeper.

3. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

That was the idiocy in Nevilles's and Shearer's comments. They seemed to think that the 'accidental' contact and injury to the goalkeeper influenced the ref. Actually Mane should have been sent off even if there had been no contact or injury, but I think it is probably true that the ref finds it easier to make the right decision if there is an injury as it clear evidence that the challenge was liable to cause injury. If the goalie had been less brave and moved his head to one side to avoid Mane's foot, and Mane's foot had got to the ball first as a consequence then it should still have been a red card (in practice I reckon some refs would have sent the goalie off in that case). So the pundits' logic ought to have worked backwards - they should be calling for more red cards having seen an example of the damage done by a dangerous challenge.

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

Shades of Monaco?

We're not clearing our lines.

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

you're a wizard, Harry.

7. humanbeingincroydon

That's strange, I though Norbert's usual response to a draw was to have the team celebrate in front of their fans...

8. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

What was Klopp going on about after the game.He seemed to be saying "Me.Me.What did I do?"

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Go to 2.44 of this video, Sevilla manager should be sent off for that

10. bigsmithy9

It says video is not available.I did see the Sevilla manager look at the Liverpool player and throw the ball away.Why was Klopp singling himself out to someone?

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

12. bigsmithy9

ok I've got it.Klopp said the Sevilla coach blamed him ( Klopp) for being sent off. The manager complains because the visiting manager throws the ball away to give his team a little time.That action deserves to be punished......and he'd done the same thing earlier on! You could say "he was Trumped!"

13. humanbeingincroydon

Former Liverpool player Jan Molby has said that, if the Mousers moved for Davinson Sanchez in the summer, he would have chosen them over Spurs as Liverpool are the more attractive proposition.

Not to defenders they're not, Jan...

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

The following comes from the increasingly lunatic Jurgen Klopp in relation to his failure to land a centre half when they have none at the club...........

"We watched all of them 500million times, and to cool the people down what if the new player doesn’t hit the first ball and he makes exactly the same mistake?

“A mistake they all made in their life – but it is like, ‘he is a £65million signing, he will improve’. Why do you think the other one cannot improve? I don’t understand that.

“For me it’s really difficult always to come to your planet, visit you and say ‘yeah you’re right, there were five good options out there and we missed them because, I don’t know, we wanted to spend the money anywhere else’.

“It is not that we ignore it - I said if there would have been a solution out there we would have done it. I had to make a decision and the decision was our boys are not worse than them.”

So, they bought Oxlade-Chamberpot. <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

15. bigsmithy9

They used to call it "double-dutch"!

16. humanbeingincroydon

They used to call Klopp the next superstar manager - now they call him the 21st century Kevin Keegan.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

After dismantling a fragile Arsenal, they were title front runners.

A hammering at City and an insipid draw against Burnley later.......

The reality is that they can't defend and their attacking prowess is overrated. 2 goals at home to Palace and Burnley does not suggest they are the irresistible force the pundits rave about.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

They go on about Suarez making Rodgers look good, Mane seems to be doing the same for Klopp.
    One man missing and the whole thing falls apart, at least when Rodgers had to cope without Suarez the team still functioned and won.

19. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Also, everyone(including me) makes the mistake of assuming that Lovren and Sakho are simply bad defenders, and that Matip was a decent at best signing. They were all top drawer when they didn't play for Klopp, who can really say he's not the one making them look bad? They've had an okay 'keeper and , one good centreback and an utter ****show everywhere else to work with. In some ways it is a testament to Klopp's coaching ability that they didn't finish midtable last season but at the same time, the guy clearly doesn't know how to build a squad. They've got 1 defensive midfielder coming in next season, all the other good sides already have 2!

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Their defence wouldn't look so bad if they had a midfield, as it is, all they have is attackers, big gap, defenders.

No Kane No Gain likes this.