1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mourinho's post match interview

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Apr 9, 2014.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

I'll probably get a torrent of abuse for questioning the special one. Great manager, but I was really annoyed by his post match comments yesterday. Chelsea had won the game, knocked PSG out, why did he still feel the need to attack PSG's tactics and players? He's also had a sly dig at Torres and Ba. Its not the first time he has annoyed me with his pre/post match interviews this season. Laurent Blanc on the other hand came across as extremely gracious in defeat in my eyes. Why is JM so bitter and Angry this season?

2. Yurilly

Yurilly Well-Known Member

Link to this interview?

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If you think he is angry and bitter this season... you should have watched him at Real last year!!!
    Jose usually does everything for a reason, even being 'angry and bitter'

4. YouCanCallMeJeff

5. YouCanCallMeJeff

Maybe. I know alot of his efforts are to deflect attention away from his players. I just feel some times it is unnecessary. They won! Why is he still so miserable? Maybe its put on..

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think he looked emotionally spent as opposed to being angry myself. The preparation for the game and the game itself obviously took at lot out of him. I would have liked to have seen him a bit happier but the touch line run said more than he could in any interview.

Re PSG, I think he was more making the point that we deserved the victory because they didn't come and attack (contrary to Blanc's pre match comments) and just tried to sit on their lead where as we took risks. Jose has been criticised for 'parking the bus' in a couple of games this year so it was probably a response to that in part as well.

7. Yurilly

Do you have trouble reading? This is what he had to say about Ba post-match:

"I'm happy for him. A good guy, a good professional, a good group man. The fact I played him before Nando made him feel that he doesn't have the number three striker on his back. His enthusiasm was fantastic and he started giving Paris problems that, normally, they don't have in their league where it's a completely different style. I'm so happy he scored the goal because it means a lot for him and a lot for us.

No digs at any of his players. No attacks on PSG's tactics and players.

8. BelugaWhale

BelugaWhale Member

bollocks, he said nothing of the sort. WUM

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Nice backtracking and credit to you for admitting you were completely wrong/and or Wumming. Welcome to the Chelsea board!

10. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Jeff--You mustn't take him seriously! He's an entertainer and you have see the funny side--tongue in cheek ,and all that! Football needs people like him--too many are painfully serious!:emoticon-0159-music Always look on the bright side of life.... :emoticon-0159-music

11. YouCanCallMeJeff

I should say I follow Chelsea as my 2nd team growing up in London. I love Mourinho, I was just making a comment about his general demeanor these days.

Would you be happy being called a "good group man" if you were a footballer? Bit like saying "he's a bit rubbish but sits on the bench and behaves himself". I'm not sure why he felt it was necessary to bring up the 3rd choice striker point.

The comments about PSGs tactics weren't in that story they were in his post match ITV interview...

Not backtracking, I still think it was unnecessary to complain about PSGs choice of tactics when we have just knocked them out of the champions league. That cannot be put down to defending his team...

I do enjoy him when he's being tongue in cheek and obviously enjoying himself, its just this moody side of him we seem to be seeing more and more of this season. I don't see why he needs to constantly attack individual players, I used to think that was one of his main strengths, keeping players happy, keeping the team together.

12. Yurilly

How have you managed to interpret a heap of praise for one of his players into Mourinho trying to get a sly dig in? By that I can gauge that for Torres he said something along the lines of, "He followed my instructions and helped out the defence" which you heard as "Torres is crap at attacking, but can just about put a reasonable shift in when playing deeper". I watched the ITV interview, nowhere was he critical of PSG's tactics and players. I find it difficult to believe Chelsea are your second team when all you've done is desperately try to twist what he said and make shit up.

13. tjblonks

tjblonks Member

He's saying he is a good character to have in the team. Jesus christ, talk about twisting words. You should be a journalist...

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

From memory I think he said it was difficult for us to break through as PSG had no real intention of coming at us despite what Blanc had said pre match (that they would attack). Whether that can be construed as criticism depends on ones opinion of Jose I guess!!

15. YouCanCallMeJeff

Ok. I honestly think describing someone as a good group man is a backhanded compliment. Every player likes to see themselves as good enough to be in the first team, I wouldn't enjoy being called a "good group man" but maybe its just me...

To support a club you don't have agree with every single minute detail about the club. Is there not a single thing at Chelsea that you don't agree with?? I could list the things I don't like about Donny Rovers if you like?

16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think leaving Ba at home or on the bench most weeks says more about his standing at the club than a one off comment about being a group man. I don't take that as a backhanded complement at all, probably just honesty. He can hardly come out and say I see him on par with the others when he rarely gets a kick can he?

17. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Being a group man is not a shining compliment, but you aren't seeing the context in which it is being used. For Jose the group is the ultimate thing. The pinnacle he is achieving. He wants the flair to be supported wholeheartedly with effort.

To build a group you need them to all want the same thing. It is called building a future vision. A target that you repeatedly tell the team can only be attained together. United we stand. All pulling in the same direction. A band of brothers, etc. In such a group, to be called an individual talent is the backhanded compliment. The example is how he worked on Hazard's game. Brilliance yes, team work not so much.

His words were only partly for consumption by the public. They were crafted for Demba.

18. Yurilly

I remember that. That was an observation however, not a criticism.

19. Yurilly

There are a number of things I'm critical about of the club, but this is such a weak point to raise that I cannot imagine anyone other than a vindictive journo would do who is bitter about our victory and wants to try to put a downer on it. I haven't seen you post on our board before, despite being here for almost 2 years and having over 1000 posts, and the first thing you do on this board after a massive night for us is fabricate a story about Mourinho making scathing remarks about PSG and snide remarks about his strikers. That's not something anyone who views himself as even somewhat a fan of Chelsea would do.

20. YouCanCallMeJeff

I would be a pretty poor journalist if I posted my stories on a forum, it's just my view, I am sorry it doesn't fit with yours..

I come on here to talk Horse Racing / Betting mostly...