1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mourinho is confirmed as manager

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by LockStock, Nov 20, 2019.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Her obnoxious loud mouthed friend has been promising to increase the levels of passion, so things will be a bit hotter for a while....before you tire of her attention-seeking ways and she starts to moaning about you being a tight-fisted bastard, who didn't understand her and you kick her to the kerb for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

It's all so predictable.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    remembercolinlee likes this.
  2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Mate..why are people acting like we have hired Mr Bean ffs

The man is a footballing genius and has forgotten more than most will ever know. His stint as a pundit was refreshing and in depth..the man knows the game inside out and I can’t believe I have to sell Jose to anyone

We don’t need to join the Chelsea/United bandwagons...they are two clubs full of entitled fans...we need to be humble and appreciate who we have just hired

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think it's a mistake to sack Pochettino and think he has been our best manager since Burkinshaw but it is worth remembering how difficult the fa cup and UEFA Cups were to win in those days.

I would have given Pochettino the rest of the season...he did a remarkable job for us and I think he deserves the same respect as Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp.

They both greatly improved our style of play and our league standing at crucial times in our history as did Pochettino.

All three deserve to be warmly remembered imho....but none achieved as much as Keith Burkinshaw.

Slightly envious you got to meet him tbh...but did I mention I met my boyhood hero, Steve Perryman? <whistle>

4. Mourinho Is A God

Mourinho Is A God The Special Wum

I am strangely drawn to your comments, friend.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. I have followed Jose's career for many years, and he is clearly someone who quickly grows bored once he has achieved success with a club.

I truly hope that he brings us the kind of success to make him grow bored with us!

His haters will be calling him out even as Harry Kane is lifting the CL trophy.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. Mourinho Is A God

You don't have to sell him to me. I can assure you of that.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I don’t think anyone doubts Jose’s calibre but I think it’s more down to his personality, plus there are still many who didn’t want Poch to go so it’s all been a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Let them mope for a bit mate, lol.

Personally I’m intrigued to see what will happen. These players need a rocket up their arse and Jose is - on paper - the exact man to do that. Here’s hoping he keeps up his record of winning a pot at every club he’s managed too!

LockStock and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  7. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Wait. Am I Daniel Levy in your version of my analogy? That wasn't meant to happen. I'm the fanbase, my wife is Poch, her friend is Maureen and Levy is my wife's pyjamas...cheap, old, and in need of investment.

Clear?

8. remembercolinlee

1. Have not read anyone saying they are going to give him hell.

2. You are a drama queen

3. People are gutted that Pochettino has gone...he was ss popular as Jol with everyone apart from OS (not a dig...just an observation) so people sre expresding it.

4. Why you being such a tart?

5. Jose has been ****ty to spurs on seversl occassions in the press, on tv and in interviews from when he first got here...remember the parking the bus ****e...or his smug ****e after he got Willian?

6. When did you become such a diva?

7. He messed up with united big time...and spent a bucket load to do so.

8. You have dome serious hissy fit issues.

9. His positives seem to be decreasing while his negatives seem to be expanding.

10. I hope you take this in the way I mean it you drama tart :bandit:

BobbyD likes this.
  9. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Look how it ends with him, teams in big big trouble and team spirit destroyed

His methods are outdated and football has moved on from Jose Mourinho

I was very vocal of Poch recently and think it was a right decision to get rid, hiring Jose Mourinho would be and is the last person that I want to see managing Spurs. Mark my words this ends in tears within 18 months.

10. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

...and yet, in the 11 months since he last sat in the dug out, Bayern (twice), Dortmund, Real and Juve have all appointed new managers and none of them so much as glanced in his direction. Or is Levy just smarter than the collective wisdom of those 4 clubs? You know, the same Levy who thought Aurier would be a good replacement for Walker?

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I agree with all your odd points mate...I just don’t want us to be doing the dirty work of the chavs by lambasting the man...he has come to us and he seems to be overjoyed at the opportunity. You may have not heard anyone saying they are going to give him hell but the disgruntlement is apparent and if it seeps onto the terraces then shame on the fans

Mourinho Is A God likes this.
  12. remembercolinlee

I have always agreed that fans should back the team regardless during the match...negativity guarantees awful football and results imho!

BTW I thought my even points were the most accurate!

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Jose rejected them all because he was waiting for the biggest job in world football, his patience has been rewarded.

BobbyD, deedub93, LockStock and 2 others like this.
  14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Real re appointed Zidane after initially sacking him and Juve got the Chelsea reject...I dont envy their brain masters. Bayern won’t get Poch either now that he’s free..what does that say?

As for Dortmund....meh...Jose is far too good for them.

Like I said some of us need to recognise who has just become our manager

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

It’s possible mate...im convinced most managerial appointments do anyway...look at Poch and how it ended for him....he’s left us in a **** hole and it’s Jose’s job to try to pick it up...that’s why new managers come.

Mourinho Is A God likes this.
  16. Mourinho Is A God

This is true, but on the plus side, there is this, which is massively in his favour, in my book...

17. Mourinho Is A God

Look at how already The Special One is bonding with our lads! Look at the banter between Mourhino and Alli at the end of this session...

18. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

This isn't his first rodeo. He knows full well that there's a goodly percentage of fans who would have had him bottom of their list of possible appointees. He's damaged goods at this point and is on half what United paid him as a result.

I doubt if he'll give a ****. He's got a really good job in his adopted home town, all the media writing about him and is currently like a dog with 2 dicks. I don't see him getting a terrible reception but he won't be treated like the Messiah either. He'll have to earn that.

Fans of other clubs will give him and us enormous ****, no matter what. If the Gooners had appointed him, I would be doing just that. It'll stop when he wins us something and as that's exactly what he's been employed to do, that's about right.

19. Mourinho Is A God

Apologies if this has already been posted...

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I understand that he will have to earn the respect but he shouldn’t have to earn that from a point of disrespect...he needs support and he isnt going to turn our snowflakes into warriors over night, he might but he might not and if he doesn’t well that would be the case for any new appointment.

I just get the feeling the harshness of the judging is/will be far harsher because it’s Mourinho. I wouldn’t have taken the piss out of the Gooners if they got Jose, I would have thought that we are in deep **** and that has just made it worse, especially if we were still plodding along with our attitude of 2019.

Plus anyone who ****s off Chelsea is a friend of mine