1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mourinho has finally worked out how to ride the horse!!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by danishqp, Feb 10, 2014.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Firstly, many congratulations to the true Chelsea supporters who have at last seen with their own eyes what they always knew - that this wasn't a team in transition.That to bring out the best in whatever 3 amigos you put out - you need ball playing Midfielders that move the ball at pace and with flow.
    I've long since been the advocate that the only thing wrong with your side was Mikkel and Ramires - but especially Mikkel - and that playing Luiz there would be a massive improvement. I'm sure we can concede that the upturn in performances has been as a direct result of having Matic and Luiz(Lampard) in these positions.
    I know that many of you have a great love for Mikkel but I simply do not know what he brings other than slow the play down dramatically. As for Ramires, he has a great engine, but no touch and no ability for finding a man. Hazard's second goal is a perfect example, quickly out from Luiz and Matic which then allowed Willian and Hazard to reap havoc.
    I know that Jose has said he doesn't play defenders in midfield but surely he has now seen that Luiz is not your archetypal CD.
    I'm confident that if youdon't play Ramires and Mikkel you will comfortably win this league - If you do, then it will be a very tight call, whatever, the choice you will be close but guaranteed much better football without them.

In short - I didn't but into the Mata thing because it didn't really matter as long as you had a Matic/Luiz/Lampard DM. You're strength and advantage has been the 3 amigos - please let them play without Mikkel.

N.B - Of course playing without an in form CF has been a hassle for a few years but look at what you can achieve without one!!
    One last thing - I thought you buying Willian was just to spite Spurs but he is a serious player.

Good luck - And hope to see you without those 2.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The buying Willian and selling Mata seems like some very good business now. Willian has fantastic energy and engine to compliment his brilliant forward play which Mata never provided.

For the first time this year, I genuinely feel we have a real shot at the title. We're top and on paper have the better run in. Just down to us to perform in the games v 'lesser' opponents now. Arsenal will drop points, that's pretty much guaranteed. Lets see if this mini slump from City develops further.

3. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Your title couldn't be further from the truth. Jose has always known how to ride the horse but he hadn't the right horse and the horse needed to do as it was told and trained to do.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This.

Hilarious how opposition fans point out the obvious and still get it so wrong <doh>

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

OP, this team is in transition. This team has no right to sit on top of the league after 25 matches.

That is the reason most of the blues believed - even believe, title is City's.

However - Jose is the difference maker. In the beginning he was breaking things apart to see the strength and depth of our squad.
    Now he has the perfect composition.

We will concede very few in the league from now on.
    Lamps / Matic / Rambo / Mikel can provide excellent cover for our back four.
    And our midfield trinity will have license to thrill.

Also, everyone here knows Mikel + Lamps in midfield is conceding the match even before kick off.

Now - our strikers need to man up and do simple things for us to walk the title.
    Else it will be a struggle but still title is ours to lose IMHO!!

6. danishqp

"Also, everyone here knows Mikel + Lamps in midfield is conceding the match even before kick off."

Add Ramires to that and haven't you just backed the OP?
    This team was never in transition, I get it that you hold Mourinho closest to your heart but he has been a stubborn git in CM.
    You keep playing Mikkel and Ramires in midfield and yes this is a team in transition but doesn't need to be.

7. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree Jose was stubborn with Lamps in CM .

But, Rambo + Mikel is better than Luiz + Rambo or Luiz + Mikel

8. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

It WAS a team in transition, but the transition has happened a lot quicker than Jose led us to believe originally! I think we are going to enjoy our visits to the Bridge for the rest of this season!

9. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is very simple. Chelsea can win the title but aren't favourites. Jose sets the bar low - top 4. If he gets it, it is a good all round season for development. Do better? Jose and the team are raved over for beating the favourites to the title. Jose is a genius, but let's not forget that he knows very well that we are going for the title - he just wants to cover for potential failure to do so. Simple.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly. We are second favourites at this point but in a much better position than we were 2 games ago. WH at home should serve as our reminder for the rest of the season that any game is one where points can be dropped.

11. GazFormidable

GazFormidable Active Member

Ramires is a massively important part of our side, why do people not see this? I prefer him in a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1 but either way his work rate is too important to leave out and he adds his fair share of goals aswell.

As for Mata, the more days that go by the better this deal looks. Completely lost at Man Utd with the dinosaur in charge, playing right midfield in a 442....why not spend 37 million on an actual right midfielder if you want to play 442?

12. tjblonks

tjblonks Member

I'm sorry but being able to run all day isn't enough to warrant a starting spot for a team as good as ours. He has not technical ability what so ever, which is strange considering he comes from the most skillful of nations. If our team requires a box-to-box midfielder, which I don't believe is does, then there are much better alternatives. This is not the Ramires of 2011/12 season, where he was one of our best players. For some strange reason, he seems to have completely declined as a footballer and I actually get aggrevated when he is passed the ball because I know that he doesn't have the technical ability to do anything with it, for example that golden chance against Man City. In my opinion I would like him to be sold in the summer, I'm sure we could get a fair chunk of what we paid for him back.

13. danishqp

Absolutely exactly how I see it. And honestly believe with him and Mikkel out of the side you can win everything.

14. GazFormidable

GazFormidable Active Member

The same Ramires that expertly finished off Barcelona in the champions league has no technical ability? Right, okay.

He might not be as technically brilliant as other players in our side but he's fantastic at what he does. Yes, he has the off days but don't we all. I think the fact Jose plays him an awful lot shows how important he is. Definitely a big game player.

15. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

I don't think the team is a complete unit yet. I still see some disjointedness and more importantly a consistency of will. There are still matches where the players react rather than set the agenda at home and on occasion play professionally within themselves often leaving a lot to do late on in a game. I've called us a second half team already in this forum, and it is still true. I do not expect ninety minutes of full on domination, but we clearly coast far too much in many 1st halfs.

16. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Mikel is ****ing awful

17. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ramires is having a poor season by his standards but can't agree he's the problem. Mikel is a solid squad player as well.

18. danishqp

Sorry, Mikel should be nowhere near your squad. I believe I know something about football without the need for tribalism, I cant fathom how a succession of managers have constantly picked this man. How many games now, 65834 or something along those lines?
    He offers absolutely nada, your 3 amigos deserve Matic and Luis or Lampard, never the otter 2.

19. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Ramires for all his great work ,has 2 fundamental flaws which he does not seem to be improving.
    1. He can't pass.
    2. He lacks control.
    Neither are fatal UNLESS he is expected to control the midfield. He will never do it. His value is his power and attacking rampages. If we use him like that he's a gem
    Willian has similar problems. His passing is poorish, his control could be better. He IS improving, and with more game time will be better still and make better decisions as well. He is looking like a great buy.
    Finally Mikel. He's been misused for years as solely a defensive mid, and has more to his game. When played with Lampard, the midfield is hopelessly slow and uncompetetive. With anyone else he is a solid squad player. Still think he would be better off somewhere else where he can play more like he does for his country, but I'm happy if he stays.

20. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Jose, Carlo and Gus, 3 of the worlds best managers all found room for Mikel. I guess they must all be wrong and you right. Remind us, who is it you manage?