1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mountbatten Hampshire Hospice

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by San Tejón, Jul 16, 2021.

1. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Formerly known as Countess Mountbatten.

Hi guys.

Sadly on Wednesday 7th July, Mrs Badger lost her 7 year battle with cancer and is now residing in badger heaven.
    She put up one hell of a fight, over the years, astounding her consultant with her fighting spirit and resilience, before passing away in the hospice.
    Mountbatten Hampshire needs to raise £7 million a year to survive, as it isn’t funded through the NHS, so I was wondering if a few of you kind souls might be able to make a small donation in my wife’s memory.

https://www.funeralguide.co.uk/obituaries/90914

2. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Hi Badger,

I'm sure, along with everyone on here, I can express my sadness at the loss of your dear wife. I'm so sorry to hear this Badger and I send you all my love and support at what must be a dreadful time for you.

Keep her, and your memories of her, close and she will always be with you. Thinking of you, and you can reach out to any of us on here for a hug or arm round your shoulder. If you need help, or just to chat about anything, let us know. Take good care of yourself and of course a donation will be forthcoming.

3. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Donated .

I am just so so sorry for your loss St Badger . The memories will last for ever <rose><peacedove><badger>

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes:

San Tejón and Saint Elsewhere like this.
  5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Oh I’m so sorry to hear your sad news Badger, thoughts and prayers with you and your family, but no words of mine are adequate to console your loss.

I regularly support Dorothy House, a hospice at Winsley outside Bath, which also exists solely via charitable donations, so I’ll drop them a donation in memory of your wife.

I hope your poor lady now rests in peace. <rose>

6. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Oh Badger, I am so, so sorry to hear this news. There's just nothing anyone can say to this, but please know that amongst this ragtag bunch here, you have all the love and support in the world sent your way.

I'll certainly add a donation.

Much love to you and your family.

7. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Well,just come in from a great day out to read this very sad news,puts it all into perspective doesn't it.
    Seems like we know you both with your regular updates over the years.
    So sad for your loss mate,hope she is comfy now, make sure you look after yourself.

A moment to reflect.

8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Donated.

So sorry to read this Badger. Like others on here have said, no words from me will ease the pain, but let's hope that after a struggle she can rest in peace now.

The body is gone, but the memories and happiness she brought will always remain.

Take care.

No7
    x

9. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

This is very sad news St Badger. My thoughts are with you.

10. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

These hospices do a great job. My mother was in oñe during the final weeks of her life. Nothing I say will ease your pain but your wife is now at peace, Take care St B!

San Tejón, StJabbo1, tomw24 and 6 others like this.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Really sorry to hear the sad news Badger. From your posts on here you can tell she fought all the way and was a brilliant women. Thoughts are with you and loved ones.

More than happy to make a donation. My Grandad passed there just over a decade ago and the staff there were beyond wonderful and deserve every bit of support they can get.

Look after yourself mate x

12. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Terribly sorry to hear this Badger - please accept my condolences.

13. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Very sorry to read this Badger. I wish you all the strength to get through this. It sounds as though you and your wife already had plenty for the past seven years, so I'm sure you'll manage.

As with others I know very well the great work that goes on in these hospices as my dad spent the best part of a year in one before he passed. Will gladly donate.

14. Saint Elsewhere

Saint Elsewhere Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine. Nothing else to say other than offer my condolences - look after yourself brother.

15. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this Badger your wife was a fighter until the end. It's always hard to find the right words at times like this, just know that you have a great community on here that will lend an ear or a shoulder to cry on. When I get paid I'll donate I might even look into doing some sort of charity event for you going forward.

16. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Oh, Badger - I’m SO sorry to hear this awful news. Countess Mountbatten was where my sister was a couple of years ago and they looked after her magnificently. They are amazing people and I’m glad they could help you and Mrs B some comfort in those sad sad last days. Feel so much for you, buddy - everything has been said above, but if you feel the need to rage, cry or just sit silently and think, we’re all here for you and I know you’re welcome to meet up when you feel you’d like to. Stay strong, keep those happy memories of the years and always remember the good times.
    I’ll send a donation today.
    All the best, mate

17. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss. My cousin was in a hospice for the last weeks of her life and the care she was given was amazing. I don't know the Mountbatten Hospice personally but it sounds like they do amazing work like all hospices. Of course I will make a donation.

18. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that St B, our condolences. News that puts the trials and tribulations of being a Saints supporter into perspective. Donation coming to a wonderful organisation.

19. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

St Badger, Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. We hope you find peace and solace in your time of need.
    RIP Mrs St Badger :( x

20. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

Sorry for you loss St Badger. I will make a donation first chance I get