1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MotoGP's Gone Flat

Discussion in 'Motorcycling' started by TheSecondStain, Aug 30, 2011.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I don't know what it is, but MotoGP isn't the same at the moment.

Yes, I do, Of course I do. MotoGP isn't the same because the GOAT isn't up the front, doing his thing. He's riding a donkey, which Casey Stoner risked life and limb on to push to the front, last year, as other bikes were out developing it. Valentino likes to develop his bikes into sweet handlers, so that he can go fast in any situation. That's the way you win Championships, if you don't have blistering speed from the engine. The current Ducati has neither. I don't want to see Valentino fade away at the end of next season. That would be an awful end to the most fantastic of racing careers.

2. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

It is a shame to see Rossi so far down the field, but he's had his time now, better for him to move over and let the current crop of young chargers (Stoner (with his incredibly hot wife), Lorenzo, Pedrosa) fight it out. Plus there is still a lotof talent to come through. Look at Bautista's performances on the suzuki, Marquez in GP2 etc.

3. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

agree there seems to be something missing without rossi at the front must say though I'm enjoying moto2 much more than I am moto gp must be something about 600's as i'm also enjoying the world supersports better than wsbk as well

4. GhostOfNinian

GhostOfNinian Member

I've also found myself less and less excited at the prospect of the lights going out at the start of the main race...and agree that Moto2 has produced some great moments when I've managed to watch that!

I can still see MotoGP getting it's Mojo back - the likes of Simoncelli and some prospects from Moto2 being promoted to the premier class will freshen things up a bit I reckon.

Dovi is a bit of a nothing as far as I'm concerned though and Pedrosa has failed to deliver after dominating the 125 and 250 for 3 years prior to his step-up for the 2006 MotoGP season.
    I'll let him off to a degree because of the injuries, but can't see him ever putting a full season challenge together and at 26, the little guy is not going to have years ahead of him to put that right, neither is he going to have the weight advantage be so much of a factor once they are going round on the 1000cc machines from next year.

Last weekend we did get to see a great battle for fourth though, with Simo winning through against Spies - who is showing some class at times - and Dovi, although I still stand by my earlier comments about him as he should be ahead of these on the factory Honda IMO.

But no matter what...MotoGP still kicks F1 into touch when it comes down to seeing an actual race on more occasions than not.

5. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

agree can see the re-introduction of the 1000s(why they binned them in the first place is beyond me) making it more exciting plus take into account the new series of moto3 to replace 125's and the aspare dominated/controlled series and i think it's going to be a good year next year.the one thing i'd like to see introduced for motogp/moto2 is a Combined Rider and Bike Weight Limit to even it out even more

6. GhostOfNinian

GhostOfNinian Member

Combined weight limits would be interesting...Simoncelli would need to be on a push-bike!!!

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

GhostofNinian: re your comment about MotoGP kicking F1 into touch, every time. Of course it does. If I want to have a good kip on a Sunday afternoon then F1 is a good way to do it. Everything is relative. when I talk of MotoGP lacking a little something this season, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the levels of sheer boredom that F1 used to give me, and still does if I make the mistake of thinking it might be worth a look at again.

125s and Moto2 are where it's at, at present, and they keep me well and truly entertained. MotoGP will fine, come next season. Plus, I want Rossi back in the running. None of this move over talk, thank you. He's got more than enough speed left in him.

8. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

In my opinion there isn't enough bikes on the grid.

9. chrispa76

chrispa76 Member

Agree on that. And also because Rossi is out of contention :( I really hope he can win again next season. My dream was always to own a red beautiful Ducati but kind of starting to dislike them now, silly me :|

Hope we will get some more excitement next season on the 1000cc's. Maybe Marco will have it a bit easier <ok>

10. Kickass

Kickass Member

Without Rossi at the front it has been a strange season for me, hope he can get back to the front where he belongs next year.

11. happyal

happyal Active Member

This is what I think also, if a few of them don't start then it creates a real problem. You can see teh effect more when you watch Moto2, with about 40 bikes all going into the first corner, it adds a lot to the excitement.