1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morning Everyone

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Said a few weeks ago Lichaj was going to Forest, pity as he could have done a job at Leeds but clearly not on Baldy's radar. Now that McD has stated seven players are willing to come, GFH better make sure we sign seven and not two!!

2. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Eire, behave. We don't yet know who or what we can't afford. The press and the rumour mill suggest we can afford phuk all. But until only 1 person comes to Leeds in this transfer window, we're best off waiting and seeing, rather adding to the speculation.

Either way, time will tell. But the apparent lack of activity may be due to both prudence on GFH's part and that potential players and their agents are for the most part still on their hols. Bless 'em. As such, sorting out deals can take a bit longer in this window than would be the case in the January TW.

3. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Problem is, if we can't afford anything, it means we'll inevitably end up sacrificing McCormack/Lees/Byram to fund new signings. And we need to build the team around them, not sell them off.

McDermott said he wanted the majority of his signings in place by the start of pre-season (27th). I'll give GFH another week to either show some intent or at least get the signings McDermott asked for.

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all :)

As you were <ok>

5. BoggersMOT

Point well made Kiwi, particularly about building a side around McCormack etc. No bids in yet for Byram. So all fairly positive (no new being good news). But I wonder what will happen when the big boys in the financial world come out to play. What sort of an offer would it be too big to turn down?

I'll park that thought for the moment. Let's hope that GFH have quietly made it be known that we wouldn't entertain anything less than £10m, and as such, everyone's leaving us alone this T/W.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I always admire your confidence Boggers. I make my observations though on what I see happening which is basically nothing. When or if gfh splash some cash, I will adjust my thinking accordingly. Maybe its an age thing, but I just cant buy into some airy fairy thing of what they might do. Im obviously cup half empty and yours half full, but it takes all sorts to make a forum worthwhile eh

7. BoggersMOT

Fair points well made Eire. As indicated elsewhere, if he doesn't get any of his wishlist, I can see him walking before the season starts. He's a decent manager who was badly let down by Reading. He doesn't need to be pi&&ed about by a load of foreign Directors.

Having said that, there is another thread referring to a meeting "tonight" with Shaun Harvey and one of the Directors. Unclear as to whether that's tonight (this evening) or took place last night. The next few days should show how that meeting went, regardless of when it took/takes place.

8. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

I'm not, in case you're interested <ok>

I'm still very pleased with the £71 reduction.

Edit: interesting double post 5 minutes later :-/

9. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

I'm not, in case you're interested <ok>

I'm still very pleased with the £71 reduction.

10. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Don't see what you are all panicking over - the transfer window doesn't open till the 1st July.
    Only unattached freebies can be signed until then so calm the **** down <ok>

Then again, freebies are all you can afford anyway!!

So keep panicking <cheers>

11. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

I'll judge the influence and financial clout of GFH at the beginning of September when the window closes. I'm being a realist.

As for the Newcastle situation there's only one way for them to go and that's down in my opinion. Ashley shouldn't have sacked Houghton in my opinion

12. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I still maintain that GFH had no choice but reduce season ticket prices.

even at reduced prices we will still return poor sales

13. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

To be fair to Ashley, Pardew's done alright there. A poor season last time round but Ashley didn't back him properly in the summer transfer window, which left their squad light for the extra European games. And their injury list at times was horrific. Being undermined like he is though, is disgraceful treatment of a manager who's done reasonably well for them and Ashley continues to mystify. At least we don't have him as a chairman I suppose <yikes>

14. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tried fella

15. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

We wanted reduced prices, we got reduced prices and there's not a bigger uptake.

As much as we might not like it, the clubs being run as a business. Add to that the fact that Bates ran it into the ground and half the ST money is going on his building projects, I don't see how we can expect 5 or 10 million to be spent on players.

They've already spent £20m+ on buying the club.
    They've already pumped in another significant amount on steadying the ship that Bate's left.

We weren't guaranteed to get taken over by multi-billionaires (very few clubs are) and even if we were sold again now, its highly unlikely we'd be taken over by one this time.

They've got rid of Bates (yep, he's president for a few years but it means f all and i'd have taken that a year ago, I think most would), they've reduced ticket prices, they've inserted a new age group for young adults which is long overdue, they've got us in an exciting new manager.

It might not be this season, it might take a couple of years to build a team and get it right, but lets give them and BM chance to build us a team eh?

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

He'll be gone by christmas...:emoticon-0112-wonde

17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Something usually happens to put all this doom and gloom into perspective

James Gandolfini, star of The Sopranos, dead at 51

That's no age at all. Loved that series.

RIP

18. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Only ever seen 2 episodes of the Sopranos bout 10 years ago didn't enjoy that much but I've been thinking of trying it again now I'm a bit older.

He's a great talent and the world is going to miss him and his talent

19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy