1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morning Everyone

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 19, 2013.

1. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Pugh was a monumental **** up by grayson and probably a contribution to his sacking.

don't forget we signed him after he had scored in Europe so his agent will have demanded decent wages.

FFS we will never get shut of him

2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

I fixed it, your not going mad <ok>

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

So is it only his wages that was the problem you had with him?

4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

The problem I have with him is the fact that he doesn't really contribute anything to the team, he just goes about his job quietly and calmly which is necessarily bad but it doesn't set him apart and we have so many players that are better in any position that Pugh plays. Also the fact we coulda signed Keogh at the same time for the exact same price (probably less wages as well)

5. Whitejock

Forgot how big a Keoch fan you were! ;) Didn't rate him myself, but hey!

Remember that Pugh was only used on occasion, and in a variety of positions. Considering his lack of opportunity to get any consistency, I thought he did really well. He suffered because of his versatility & yet still provided fairly solid performances. Particularly liked him in CM when he was asked to show his 'Dirty Leeds' side. He sure did! Brownie mk II. ;)

6. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Is Danny Wilson still at hearts and would he be worth signing these days?

Just seen this on his Wikki page

On 27 May 2013, it was announced that Wilson would sign a permanent deal with Hearts after his Liverpool contract was up in the summer.[43] However, the move could be blocked by Scottish Premier League over an unpaid tax bill on the club.[44] In the wake of the club putting the entire squad up for sale[45], Wilson's future with the club is in doubt.[46] The club cannot sell Wilson as he remains registered as a Liverpool player until the end of June 2013, and it is unclear whether Hearts will be able to finalise the signing due to their transfer embargo and impending administration

7. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

That's the reason I'm not a huge fan - £500,000 and wages of £15k p/w for a player that was only used on occasion. Never thought he was amazing for us, but he wasn't ever dire, at least not as bad as Vayrynen/Forssell/Varney/take-your-pick-from-the-crap-we've-accumulated-over-the-past-few-seasons. As a player I don't mind him that much though, adds versatility and cover if nothing else.

8. Josh-LUFC

<laugh> I think I was the only one, it wasn't a coincidence we were looking better both offensively and defensively when he was there

Yea but I think because of his versatility, he wasn't particularly strong in any position rather just ok in a number of positions

I think so, didn't he sign for them this summer? If so would we have to pay a fee to get him or would it just be blocked meaning a free transfer? For free I'd take him

9. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Afternoon All

Pugh is as far as I know is still transfer listed and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes over to the Wendies on July 1st with player coming signing for us. It's been a little quite for my liking.

If we're going to move Warnock in to the center and get shut of White I'll gladly have McHattie come to the club we need some young talent coming in. I think we could get a decent price for White he only signed a new contact last summer to stop Blackburn signing him.

As for Mills I'm giving up caring about this as both this and the Upson saga seems to rumble on with out any conclusion.

If thing Wilson will be in a legal Grey area.Yes he's still contracted to Liverpool for now but if he knows he's going to be sold when he moves up to Hearts there must be something he can do to get out of Transfer due to breach of contract or something. Hearts isn't upholding their end of the deal.

10. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Not too keen on the idea of moving Warnock into the centre, he's 5'10"! As a stop gap in an injury crisis, maybe, but otherwise keep him at LB.

11. Josh-LUFC

I agree, in fact I think we should be making sure we have enough cover there that if this does happen, it is in a real crisis

12. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Josh see my amended comment above. Wilson is there and if we play our cards right we maybe able to get a deal over the line directly with Liverpool <ok>

13. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

We're so lacking at centre half, we only have Pearce and Lees as genuine CBs. Peltier looks half decent in there, but I would hope we'll sign one top centre half to start, and another as cover. Then we'd still have Peltier/Warnock if we really did have an injury crisis

14. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Wilson would be a great signing - young with a lot of potential as well <ok>

15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Moi...<laugh>

16. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Kissa were a cat.....

17. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

18. joycey7

joycey7 Member

Cannot for the life of me remember which game it was but I believe we played warnock at cb and our defence was capitulated due to his inexperience of the position. Can't believe people would want him there. Great left back, poor centreback for me.

19. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Nah that would be me as a cat or how I feel today

20. Whitejock

Defence capitulated? Hmm, quite a few games to choose from then!