1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morgan Schneiderlin

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Jose Fonte baby, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

He quite often looks like he has a cracking relationship with poch too

2. The Based God

The Based God Active Member

Literally nothing

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Look at your post and profile and you'll see something called Rep Power. Underneath that you'll see four icons, one of which is a star. Move your mouse over it and you'll see you can award some Rep. If your own Rep Power is low, then the amount you award will be low, and more as you receive more Rep from others. Some members [mainly moderators on other forums, from what I've seen] seem to get their kicks from giving and receiving Rep. It's a harmless exercise really and doesn't do a thing fundamentally, as far as I can make out. You either indulge or you don't. I tend not to, but I offer it around when the thought occurs to me.

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Shaddupa your face...we want him to be completely unnoticed. I think Morgan is a players player...they all know what he can do, but he is not the flashy sort that attracts attention from rival fans...they just see a whirling dervish of Saints players.

5. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

He should be captain. He commands respect, and plays in an appropriate positon for the role.

6. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

And he gets pinged so much he ends up talking to the ref a lot more than the captain does <laugh>

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I don't think Lallana is quite right for the Captain's role, but would never suggest it is taken from him. Too much of an insult for a great player who loves this club.

8. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Start of next season would be the time to make a change I suppose - Lallana, being a flair player, is maybe better without the responsibility.

9. Mr_Saintly

Mr_Saintly Well-Known Member

Thought so <laugh>

10. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I know many say they are glad he hasn't been noticed in terms of seeing paper talk r.e. big teams wanting our players. I bet you he hasn't slipped under the radar. Just as other players in our team he wlil be on wanted lists but our position means it is 'best practice' not to spout off you are going to bid for a player when he could very well be cheaper if his side gets relegated.

I think Cortese will have some very very large ofers on his desk this summer when we stay up and would not be surprised to see an enormous offer for Morgan. I don't like this silence in the press. I can picture someone thinking pairing him with Kagawa in midfield would be worth a big big transfer fee especially with Fletcher and Carrick ageing!!!

I think there will also be big offers for Lallana, Shaw and Cork.

Lets hope Corteses has his 'balls of steel' suit on and his 'we are going to be a top 6 side head on' rather than the standard businessmanlike head of some other chairman that will look at any offers as 'can we improve the side with that money'? because those 4 have a decade ahead of them that could mean we have the makings of an incredible side with loads of potential to improve on that from within our ranks whilst adding a few 'worldies' with some cash.

We DO have the potential of being a CL contender if we can hang on to the right players and compliment them from our academy and backing, more so than any other ambitious club because our academy allows us to spend more on a few players as the others cost us nothing.

The 4 above are crucial to that IMO.

11. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

Imps you are spot on, mate. Being a dyed-in-the-wool francophile I've always had a soft spot for Morgan, and am delighted that his potential is at last being tapped. That he is a key player in this push to be a force in the PL rather than a make-weight is without question. He is, I think, the only player currently playing regularly who went down from the Championship in the dark days of 2009. I get the feeling that he is enjoying the renaissance of the club as much as anyone. I disagree with the article's assessment that he made little contribution in Div One and the Championship, but wholly agree that the PL is his stage.

Going to Man Utd or the like is the conventional route for a player being "spotted" in the way that Morgan is now being. But remember, Morgan is French. Being unconventional is wired into the DNA!

12. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

To me Snidders is one of our "keep at all costs" players
    There are not many young midfield players especially defensive midfield players, as good as him anywhere.
    His partnership with Corky is really looking good and one that we must foster as they give the freedom for our flashier players to play their game

13. standingfootonly

Glad you mention Cork. Agree with all the praise for Schneiderlin here, but Cork is also playing really well. Difference is, he can't buy a goal!

14. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Yes strange that I'm sure he scored a few in his early days. He's certainly due one, maybe against his old club, that would do nicely!

15. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

I said many month's ago on a controversy thread that i believe he is the next Claude Makele, i think he is better than Makele was at his age. Now morgan has started adding goals to his game he is fast become a real force, his run yesterday to make the goal was incredible he came from so deep to make that.

16. Wilbur

Wilbur Member

Ssshhhhh

17. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Adam is Saints through and through, and probably deserves the captaincy just for that. Plus he had the Liverpool defence tied in knots yesterday. But I agree Morgan is a linchpin, and playing alongside Jack Cork helps his game enormously.

Hopefully playing with Ramirez and Rodriguez will allow Adam to develop his full potential. We already know he and Ricky have an understanding.

In short, we've got a lot of bloody good players!

18. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Morgan used to drive me mad a few seasons back. Always saw he had the ability, but not the application on a consistent basis. He always used to go for the show-boat crossfield passes, but now he only does them when it gives us an advantage and his all-round game is superb.

From a player who I thought was a luxury in League 1, he's first name on my teamsheet now.

19. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Yes, and before we get too hung-up about Cork not scoring, I seem to remember last season that a certain Frenchman couldn't score a goal...... unless it was a worldy.

20. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

I'm not fussed about Cork not scoring, he doesn't get forward anywhere near as much as Schneiderlin and that's just fine, someone needs to stay back and cover and he does that job very well.