1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Monday In's & Out's

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 21, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Joe Mason Twitter chat
    The Wolves striker is against being linked with a move to Bristol City.
    He has been mentioned in connection with the Robins for most of the summer, and it is thought that his club want around £1.5m for the player.

Bobby Reid transfer talk
    Reports coming in about Bobby Reid. #BristolCity #Boro #EFC #LCFC http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-leicester-city-middlesbrough-credited-353399 …
    9:10 AM - Aug 21, 2017

Horder Magnusson bid

Transfer talk on Hordur Magnusson. #BristolCity http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-discusses-five-centre-339692
    7:45 AM - Aug 21, 2017http:/

Gustav Engvall goal
    The Bristol City striker, on loan at Swedish side Djurgarden, helped them claim a 2-1 win over Halmstad on Sunday.
    He won a penalty for the hosts before netting the winner after 65 minutes.
    Engvall is in his second spell at the club and has scored eight goals in 14 matches.
    /www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-news-transfer-rumours-353211

Lot's of rumour's today, any thing true?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I can see Maggers leaving tbh, especially if Flint stays, he wont get a look in. As for Reid anything above £5million plus add ons would be a good price and we should take it.

3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Reid to Everton/Leicester isn't quite as laughable as the Fontaine to Liverpool rumours that did the rounds once, but not far short. He's had a purple patch to bring him to national attention, but I think it's unlikely he'll maintain that - he still needs to work hard to establish himself as Championship quality before looking higher.

Magnusson being allowed to leave could be seen as a huge blunder in years to come - if he can play left back comfortably, then you'd think he would have had more opportunities surely? I'm a fan of Bryan, but think there's scope to try him as a left midfielder/winger with Magnusson behind - like a low-rent Gareth Bale.

The Joe Mason rumour leaves me a bit cold. I'm always willing to be proven wrong, but when everyone's fit, how much of a look in would he get? He's never been a prolific goalscorer, which isn't automatically cause to write him off (Wilbraham never really troubled the top scorers before joining us), but a finisher seems more like what we need right now. I suppose £1.5m in today's money isn't much, but it's still a waste if it doesn't work out and I'd say the odds would be against.

Again, if everyone were fit, I'd be happy with Engvall being on loan, but with Djuric having had surgery and Matty Taylor STILL out, this seems like it would've been a perfect opportunity for him to get some good game time. I get the impression he himself was pushing for a return to Djurgarden, but you'd have thought that a recall clause should've been inserted for eventualities such as this.

4. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Joe Mason's just moved to Burton on loan - how could City allow such a star to slip through their fingers!!! Total incompetence from the entire board and management!!!!!!!!!!

RedorDead likes this.
  5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> Rather have fit Matty Taylor.