1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Monday 29th. May 2023

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, May 28, 2023.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Monday's Meetings

Windsor
    Flat 7 Races 130-4:51p.m.
    Huntingdon
    N/H 7 Races 1:35-4:55p.m.
    Redcar
    Flat 8 Races 1:45-5:40p.m.
    Cartmel
    N/H 7 Races 2:20-5:45p.m.
    Leicester
    Flat 7 Races 2:30-5:55p.m.
    Ballinrobe(E)
    N/H 7 Races 4:30-7:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

In the (15:50) at Huntingdon, a Class-5 Handicap Hurdle over a distance just short of 2m, Alkhattaaf should give a good account. James Davies takes the ride for the Chris Down yard.

13/2 (888sport/BetWay) best price at time of writing.

(Prices from Oddschecker)

GOLDBONES likes this.
  3. SwanHills

Very poor performance by Alkhattaaf, never in with a chance.

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I was too busy watching the Owls to notice Mystical Power winning the bumper at Ballinrobe. By Galileo out of Annie Power no less <yikes>

Ron likes this.
  5. SwanHills

A big well-done to the Owls, Oddy, they fought back from an almost impossible situation in the run-up games at times. The Championship is just a stepping-stone, and if Wednesday play their cards right, they'lll be back in the Premier sooner than later. Good luck! <ok>

(Count your blessings too, I sometimes feel I don't have a club to support anymore, what a miserable team, they were so fortunate to avoid the big drop. Coached by a former player who has not had a haircut since he went to Wycombe all those years ago, and who badly needs a wash-and-brush-up? I don't mean the club needs a sartorial wonder as manager, just a reasonably presentable one. :emoticon-0101-sadsm)

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    OddDog likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oi. If it weren't for him, you would probably be playing us next season. He's a great bloke. Plenty of well presented managers who are **** at their job. Think yourself lucky you have a manager who knows how to get the best out of what he has available Swanny

Chaninbar likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Off to a good start Oddy. Let's hope you are as well. Congratulations. I was really pissed off when I turned on the TV last night to watch the game and was cursing that it wasn't being shown. Then I looked up to see if I had the wrong day and there was the result <doh>. Still I did see the 5-1 win which was a corker.

OddDog likes this.
  8. SwanHills

Well OK, Ron, but I am still unsure that he's that good a manager. The bitter truth is that it was a total fluke the club avoided the drop into the wilderness of League-1. Just my opinion, but that's life. However, I do not dispute your comment that he is a very decent man, I am sure he is.

Ron likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I've read in the past on the QPR board Swanny, there were some prima donnas in the team who weren't pulling their weight. They must have done to get 6 point from the last 3 games, especially against Burnley. Let's see what he does next season. After the BC defeat he said:

"I'm disappointed but it's bittersweet because of the elation of last week. The only remit was to keep QPR in the Championship and we have done that. We didn't need the Reading points deduction to do it, we've finished above another team too.

"Next season I aim to hit the ground running with a fit, willing squad - I have got to make some changes in the summer and today has probably made me more certain of what I need to do."

Note the words "fit" and particularly "willing". He will instil the will to win. Whether he can get a good enough squad remains to be seen as I can't see the owner splashing out

Anyway good luck next season. Hope it's not another one like this one. I'm optimistic but if things don't go well, I'm sure they will exchange him for a sharp dressed man <laugh>

10. SwanHills

OK, Ron, I was indeed harsh with Gareth Ainsworth, as I thought the R's were lucky to avoid the drop. Hope the club has enough money to at least pay him something, they certainly don't have much in the coffers. Just one thing, it can hardly get much worse next season!

<laugh> The "ZZ Top - Sharp Dreseed Man" clip was great. Many thanks! <ok>

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Ron likes this.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You might be lucky enough to get a Wycombe player to go with him Swanny. Definitely Championship bound on a free? You won't get better value. Disappointed he left us but he would be good for you. A few Championship clubs interested but Gareth may Wing it <cheers>