1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

mom 123 Spurs ( H )

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Davies Headband, Feb 1, 2014.

1. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

extra note on Jelavic - he's useful defensively too, gets headers in

2. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, both Long and Jelevic tracked back to help the defense.

3. thistimetigers

thistimetigers Active Member

1. Long
    2. Rosenior
    3. Harper

Huddlestone was slow to get into the game but got better, Jelavic was excellent as was Davies.
    A special mention for Robert Koren. He may not be as good as he used to be but he showed his professionalism again - he can be a great impact sub and almost made the difference in this game!

4. jamesthemonkeh

Long
    Harper
    Davies

Though the referee was very good too.

Adebayor a real handful

5. prem club tiger

Davies
    Meyler
    Long

Can't work out why Harper gets any mentions, one decent save apart should have saved the goal as it was straight at him, also why punch the ball when it can easily be caught

6. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

One decent save meant we didn't lose 2-1. Everyone was flat footed for their goal because it was a mis-hit shot that turned into a fortunate defence splitting pass. He did well to get a hand on it. Punching can be the right thing to do sometimes especially if you don't think you can get two hands to the ball.

Other than that, Harper's game is that of the experienced professional keeper. No panic. Communicate with defenders. Know your angles and apply them. Know where your posts are. Judge where shots are going. Etc. Etc.

He had a good game by knowing what he didn't have to do as much as what he did.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Harper definitely punches when he should be catching, he's a decent keeper, but McGregor is way better.

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Davies
    Long
    Jelly

Harper is what he is, our backup goalie. A goodun at that, and I don't worry too much when he's in goal. He was better than the Spurs goalie yesterday, if he plays like that every week, must make some game exciting.

9. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

I thought the whole team played well but I was glad to see Brady going off and Boyd coming on. Too many sloppy passes though I am sure he will come good again. Love the way Meyler always gets stuck in, he never backs out of a tackle and if he loses the ball always goes back after it even though I know it can get him into trouble sometimes. At the start of the season I wondered if Rosenior would be OK at this level and he has proved he can. Harper is a very good 2nd goalie, I didn't feel nervous as you would with some stand ins. Tom hasn't been quite the same since his hair cut but it was great to hear even the Spurs supporters singing his name, shows how respected he is. Apparently Roy Keane was at the game so Burnsie said, keeping an eye on our Irish lads. My hubby said he thinks Long and Jelavic remind him of the partnership Wagstaf and Chilton had.

10. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Ffs.....

11. Lincoln Tiger

Lincoln Tiger Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

12. Lincoln Tiger

Lincoln Tiger Well-Known Member

1. Davies
    2. Long
    3. Meyler

Thought Boyd looked a handful when he came on. Brady good until he tired. For me, Jelavic just looks like he's lacking a bit of match fitness. The signs are there though for good days ahead!

13. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Listened to the game on TP only. But here is a view from the opposition written inresponse to a Spurs report. Shows how easily we could have had the 3 points.

Nice write-up, cider. Doesn't matter though, our manager thought we played well & he's happy we managed to see out the game without losing. He feels we could and should've won, yet it was Hull who had the most & better chances. They hadn't even scored a goal in 2014, yet it took just 12 minutes for the (supposedly crap) Shane Long to leave our defence for dead & calmly slot hoome. Jelavic hit the post, and also went just wide of the post, with Lloris rooted to the spot. Harper was tested ONCE in the first 56 minutes, and that drilled cross from Huddlestone in the dying minutes could EASILY have been touched home.

We got a draw, and we were lucky to do so! I'm starting to become VERY concerned about our summer, and players wanting to find the exit door, and I wouldn't bloody blame them. NO 'substitutions' made, just a forced change in the 89th minute because Ade got injured, which nobody saw coming when our manager said he didn't need or want anyone else, and was more interested in shipping out players, did they!! Quite simply put, it's not good enough!!

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7516508#ixzz2sB8hYN31

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

1) McShane

2) Davies

3) Long (just edged out Jelavic.

15. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

roseniorhisgranisfromhull Well-Known Member

Meyler
    Davies
    Long

16. Davies Headband

Davies Headband Well-Known Member

Result:

Davies
    Long
    Meyler

Meyler and Jelavic got the same number of points but Meyler got more first places so gets the points.

The current table after Palace and Spurs have been counted:

Davies 32
    Livermore 19
    Huddlestone, McGregor 16
    Sagbo 12
    Boyd 10.5
    Elmohammady 8.5
    Brady, Bruce 8
    Aluko 7
    Quinn 6.5
    McShane 6
    Faye, Rosenior 4
    Fryatt 3.5
    Figueroa, Koren, Long 3
    Meyler 2
    Harper, Chester 1
    Graham, Jakupovic, Dudgeon, Henderson, Townsend, Jahraldo-Martin, Proschwitz, McLean, Jelavic, Kebbie 0