1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Mitrovic

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Rumours are that we may be lining up a bid for Alekander Mitrovic from Fulham either in January or next summer.
    Jamie Redknapp believes he would be a great fit for us and more fits the mould of Drogba and Costa.

“He has five goals already this season and I believe he could play for one of the top Premier League clubs.

Fulham fans won't thank me for saying this but he would be a perfect fit for Chelsea.

“Mitrovic is more physical than Alvaro Morata and has more pace than Olivier Giroud.

“As a successor to Didier Drogba and Diego Costa, Mitrovic could fit the bill.”

Personally I have only seen him play a couple of times so do not have enough info to say whether this would be a smart move.
    We would probably need to pay at least £60m for him, but could recoup most, if not all, of that by shifting Morata in the summer.
    Though knowing us, we will probably sell Abraham to someone like Everton for £40m instead and keeping Flopata instead, since that is our M.O in recent times.

Thoughts?

mustyfrog likes this.
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I added this news in Transfers thread few days ago.

At this time I will be an upgrade over Alvaro. So why not

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Morata couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo at the moment, the one skill that I thought he had, which is heading the ball, seems to have deserted him too. He looks like the biggest waste of money since Winston Bogarde IMHO.

BobbyD and Blueman like this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'd prefer an augero type myself. Big holding striker would surely slow attack, while a quick elusive type would be in like a flash.
    We need the power in midfield. Clever as our current trio are, too often the parked bus of our opponents stops us dead. Or, find the next Modric and pass our way through. Right now we can't do either.
    That said, anyone would be better than Morata, though Giroud has his uses in certain games.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Gotta go all out to get Griezmann then, in the summer :p
    £150m should do it.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I'd prefer someone that can actually kick the ball in the direction that they had intended it to go in, and for that reason Morata is out. Give us a striker, front man, Centre forward that can play, head the ball be a nuisance to the opposition. Peter Crouch is better than what we have at the moment. Mitrovic will be like Messi compared to what we have endured this and last season. I know its hard to follow Drogba, but his big toenail would be more use than what we have now. I would have Troy Deeney at the drop of a hat over Morata he has more impact and given a good side to play in who knows what he might achieve.

StanDMan likes this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Dead right. If a striker can't score in a team of players like ours, then he's surplus to needs. Better planning and better scouting required. Claudio Rainieri ?? He turned up some serious talent for us in the past.