1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic mitrovic

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by fulham traveller, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Great piece that. Be interesting to see if Jokanovic can manage his personality and he can stick to his word. I'd say we will benefit one way or the other if he does. Either he'll come back a better and if Rafa has walked, the new manager may have a useful striker. Or Rafa will still be here, he'll be sold for good money. Of course if it goes the other way and he either does poorly or proves still to be a liability then we could lose further money on him. If he goes into the WC full of confidence and does well, we could profit even further.

2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

McClaren put way too much dependence on him, Rafa never wanted to play him.....he's had a **** deal with us.

If he's with a manager who respects him, he'll calm down, and if he plays alongside an out and out goalscorer rather than leading the line, he's got a good future ahead.

3. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

I like to think there is an option whereby Mitrovic does well at Fulham, gets his head right, has a decent world cup and Rafa gives him a fair crack

4. Warmir Pouchov

I would too but we've seen nothing to suggest it. Rafa seems fairly stubborn but you never know. Its up to Mitrovic to at least give him something to consider. However if Joselu is preferred to you, I think the writings on the wall!

5. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Mitrovic is still only 23 so there's time for him to launch his career properly at SJP.

I think Rafa really lost faith in him after viewing his performance away to Oxford United in the FA Cup.
    Dreadful!

Consett Mag likes this.
  6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I'd like to think enough goals and lack of disciplinary record could force him back in but youre right nothing suggests it.
    Mind, has any of the players loaned out done noticeably good in his time here?

7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Often find with bigger target men type strikers that they don't hit their prime until much later in their career than other smaller quicker strikers for example. Look at Lukaku, Drogba for examples. It's almost like they've just bullied their way through youth football and when they come up against 30 year old CB's who can match them for strength and out do them do experience they don't know how to get the better of them.

Takes a good few years for them to work out how to use their body and strength to get the better of someone that can match up to them because they've never needed that during youth football.

8. Warmir Pouchov

I said this but apparently its nothing to do with that, he's just ****.

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Good to see you finally get something right. As in, he is ****.

10. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

So Josseloo will be great in 5 years. Thats why Rafa has faith

11. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Joselu couldn't bully a turd.

Oh and Mitrovic isn't ****.

12. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

It probably boils down to the simple fact that Rafa couldn't get him to play or act the way that Rafa wanted.
    Mitro might be a better striker in a couple of seasons, which is absolutely no good to us now.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

14. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

No I won't have it. Mitro is the best striker since Shearer and Rafa's an idiot!

J. J. McClure likes this.
  15. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

He’s on,y scored 9 in 9, and we thought according to Rafa he would get 25 goals

Toon_man_sam2 likes this.
  16. Toon_man_sam2

Toon_man_sam2 New Member

Personally I am a big Mitro fan, I would much rather see him given more of a key role in the team, but there is obviously a problem between Mitro's personality and Rafa's management style. I recall a couple of quotes from his time at liverpool, I believe Torres scored a hatrick, collected the matchball and in the changing room he asked everyone to sign it, he then asked Rafa, who obliged, when he got the ball back Rafa had written something like "you misplaced 8 passes today". Gerrard has quoted similar stories,

It's clear Mitro had the desire to well at Newcastle, but maybe he wanted to impress too much. his confidence took a knock, he had flair ups with Rafa, particularly after the West ham game where he elbowed Lanzini, but at Fulham,he has an arm round his shoulder by a manager who has every confidence in him, he's the main man playing in a style that allows him to be a bit more free and it's obviously working for him.

I hope he scores lots more goals and Fulham get automatically promoted, if they do go the Championship play off final, being in london I might get tickets and don my newcastle shirt in the fulham end.

fulham traveller likes this.
  17. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Nice story and seems about right.

Not sure if this makes sense, but Mitrovic does seem like the type of player to thrive on a kind of "you get out there and score, you other 9 make sure he does" mentality. NUFC's needs this season, and Rafa's needs in general, are much more like "number 9, your job is this, get it done".

18. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

A great post thank you, it seems Rafa is a top manager, but lacks some people skills, Mitro for us chases down defenders, knows how to score, our best defender a set pieces, and has not lost it yet, he’s the difference for us, hope we go up,could do with a weekend in Newcastle

19. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Best of luck Fulham Traveller, hope you get promoted. You've certainly been on one helluva run.

Judge Death and fulham traveller like this.
  20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

All the best mate.
    If you do go up, look us up as Groot always gets the beers in for visiting away fans.

fulham traveller likes this.