1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitro's still on fire

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Sheikh_of_Araby and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Nah shut up! We need a CF who runs loads and can hit the back of the Gallowgate instead of the net.

#nomitronogoals

3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Also just to note, Mitro has more international goals this year than Joselu has EPL goals in his career...

Dimi likes this.
  4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think we’re universal in wanting Mitro over Joselu. We don’t necessarily all have the same level of belief in his ability.

Henry Boy likes this.
  5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Play to his strengths and play him regularly he will score. He has his limitations, but you are more confident with mitro on the pitch than Joselu. As much as I like Rafa, he has ****ed up big time with this one and needs to stop being so bloody stubborn.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Has he been sent off for Serbia? If not..’that’s the nub of the debate.

7. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

This.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

He just wants to be loved.

<smooch>

9. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

I'd start him... I like loons anyway, unpredictable and passionate....

10. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Against wales (x2) Austria, Chima and Moldova, hardly comparable.
    Pl games:
    Mitro 36 games 10 goals
    Joseph 32 apps 6 Goals

Fair assessment.

11. RobEllious

The nub of the debate is everyone acting like Mitro is the second coming. Look at the stats and accept the decision I say.

12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Nobody is. They are just saying we need to try something different to Joselu because too many games are going by where we aren't scoring/scoring enough. Take another look at the stats mate. Mitrovic scores a goal every 215 minutes in the EPL and Joselu a goal every 302 minutes (every 361 minutes this season so far). We need to score goals to win games and Josulu doesn't look like doing that. The other thing is Mitrovic looked in good form earlier in the season and is scoring at international level. I say again, we need goals!

13. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don’t have a problem with him getting some games and seeing how he does. Can’t see it particularly weakening the team so might as well try. Think he has more chance of developing into a prolific scorer than Joselu does.
    However wish people would stop saying he should be given an extended run to build some confidence. Normally its his own in-discipline that stops that happening.

RobEllious likes this.
  14. Blacker-than-Knight

Premier League stats Mitrovic shooting accuracy 39%, Joselu shooting accuracy 50%, as I've said lately neither is good enough and we need to spend properly to get a good striker, £5 to £15 million is just not enough for the Premier league.

15. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Most stats are totally irrelevant as never give whole picture. Would hate to think of Ginola's stats for passing accuracy and successful dribbles both probably not as good as Batty or even Colback but then Ginola made things happen the others didn't. Not saying Mitro is like Ginola just that the only stat worth anything in a football game is how many goals did each team score during a match.

Also don't agree on your pricing point. Generally true but not always. Only have to look at how much we paid for Merino in comparison to other good to top class midfielders to make that point.

16. Blacker-than-Knight

We are not talking about top class midfielders and whilst he has made a good start Merino has a long way to go, any quality player is going to cost and in particular any striker capable of 15 to 20 goals in the Premier League so whilst you may not agree on my pricing point you are also ignoring the simple reality of this point, the stats quoted are from the Premier League and if any are going to be used to make any form of comparison then those would be the most sensible ones to use and yes I know the quote but sometimes they do give an insight into comparable performance.

17. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Rafa has a reputation for being both stubborn and ruthless, but even so there must be more to the Mitro thing than just Rafa sticking to his guns for the hell of it.
    He sees Mitro in training and with the team day in and day out, we don’t.
    We are desperate for some firepower in the final third, Gayle is lukewarm, Joselu tries hard but is not good enough, Perez likewise and still Rafa overlooks Mitro.
    Even if Rafa is teaching him a real hard lesson regarding his disciplinary issues, surely there must be something more.
    Shelvey is back in the fold after having mucked up so it’s not as if you cannot fight your way back.
    I suspect Mitro is not disciplined enough in other respects too, we know that Rafa is a stickler for the team following the plan and sticking to the tactics of the match plan. Maybe Mitro like Mbemba won’t or can’t follow instruction and therefore won’t get to play in Rafa’s teams.

Beardsley's Stylist likes this.
  18. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Not strictly true. Gayle got himself injured last season and Mitro stepped in and scored a few. His reward? Dropped when Gayle should have earned his place back.

19. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

Mitro needs to be sold.

RobEllious likes this.
  20. RobEllious

Only way forward for all parties involved. We just have to accept that Rafa doesn't trust him and, whilst I honestly don't mind Mitro and wished it had worked out, I respect that Benitez won't just compromise on his beliefs because fans are baying for it.

It comes to a point where you say, would you rather have Mitro in your team or Rafa managing Newcastle.
    If he plays him- fair enough, if he doesn't- fair enough.

He's got results with Manquillo at ****ing LB, deserves unflinching respect in itself. Sunderland could barely manage it with him in the right position!

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.